• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wierd request for Mealy owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jade
Can anyone post a pic of their mealies tail? lol Can be body with tail.
There was an incident here a couple months ago where Charlie got scared and flew off his cage (going straight for the closed window) a friend tried to grab him and he released all his tail feathers!:(
They have fully grown back in and are soo beautiful!! But we also noticed that they seem longer than they were before:confused: Very weird and funny, just wanted to see the bums of other mealies to compare lol:rolleyes:.
Thanks!!:hug8:
*Pic is Charlie all grown in,please excuse the mess!

Attachments

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I have no pictures to share. But do be very careful when you grab their tail feathers. A bird doesnt just "release" feathers like an iguana releases its tail from its predator. They are pulled out of the follicle and can cause permanent damage(and not to mention that its extremely painful).:hug8:

Last edited:

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
Thanks Mercedez:hug8: I was mortified when it happened:(, she didn't mean him harm, she was trying to save him from flying into the window(he almost always flies straight for the window if he gets scared). Luckily he seemed fine after(got up and started talking) and they've grown in nicely and long lol.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Thanks Mercedez:hug8: I was mortified when it happened:(, she didn't mean him harm, she was trying to save him from flying into the window(he almost always flies straight for the window if he gets scared). Luckily he seemed fine after(got up and started talking) and they've grown in nicely and long lol.
Im glad he has grown his feathers in nicely.:D They look nice and shiny and goooodd in the pic!

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
Oh he's a big stud isn't he!?!:D
Oh mercedez, I'm going to eventually make a thread(probably not tonight lol) about parrots and separation anxiety, and I would love to pick your intelligent brain about it when i do;).

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Sam Mealy's tail feathers are about the same length. Don't they have beautiful tails? I'm glad they grew back so nicely!

DSCN2198.JPG

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
His tailfeathers look like they are growing in well. Very scary incident for you both no doubt! Glad he did not fly away and that he does have feathers growing back. :dancing:

He is soooo handsome!

Monica, LOVE that picture of Sam Mealy...what a great shot of him in flight!

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
Good to know they are normal length! They do have gorgeous tails, I was so sad, I tried to collect all his feathers lol. The windows are big but they are vertical and have screens so he can't get through them thankfully.
Love that picture of Sam, shes beautiful. Charlie says HUbba Hubba! lol:heart:

Shadera

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Shadera
They look great!

Nia came to us as a duck butt, with nothing. They've grown back in, but she still damages them. One step at a time.

One thing I've not seen in the two years we've had her, is a tail fan. Do mealies not fan their tails, or did she do some sort of damage while she was yanking them out for years?

Attachments

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oh he's a big stud isn't he!?!:D
Oh mercedez, I'm going to eventually make a thread(probably not tonight lol) about parrots and separation anxiety, and I would love to pick your intelligent brain about it when i do;).
You bet he is a stud! Look at that hansom face!:heart: I love amazons:heart: Although I always told myself that I am not a zon person.:lol:

I look forward to your thread, I, and many others, will chime in:highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.