• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why secretly???

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
Sherman SECRETLY plays in her forage basket. Maybe I won't notice things are spread out on her cage floor. She watches carefully as I change the food in her fresh food bowl like she doesn't want me to know she's watching. Why would she try to be so secretive?

Garet

Real Name
Garet
She's obviously practicing her ninja skills. :rpg3:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Protection.
Does not want eyecontact thinks no eye contactmeans you can't see her & her stash???

Reactions: LSA

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
HAHA You're funny, Garet!
Actually, my guess is that she's not really sure she's safe yet. It may be hard for her to believe I'm not going to hit her. I've never had a Pionus before and feel so dumb.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Ernie does that
Since finchly's Ernie does it as well, I'm thinking it's just how pi's are.
She seems to think the Cloak of Invisibility is also a Cloak of Safety. I'd never hurt her, but apparently she doesn't know that!
Between Sherman and JoJo, mornings around here are CRAZY!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Maybe it is a Pi thing. I thought as Ernie got more comfortable with me that might change but it hasn't. He loves bagels for chewing, he never acknowledges the new ones but then I come back in the room and they're all over the floor! He looks like "who, me?"

Funny, long before Harry Potter I played Dungeons and Dragons (apparently not at all the way it is played now!) I had a cloak of invisibility!

Reactions: LSA

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
I played old school D&D, too. I had a Cloak of Invisibility, too! :spinlol:

Yeah, Sherman does similar with her fresh food bowl. The more she gets used to me, the more she does that. I guess her willingness to hide her actions is her way of showing trust.:cardshark:Again, I've never had a bird do this.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I have to use the cloak at night with mine or they will scream. I understand Sherman! We all have to have our ninja skills! ;)

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
JoJo hates me covering his cage every night... Maybe I should try the cloak on him! :hehe: