1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why is Elvis beak clicking?

Discussion in 'Cockatoo Causeway' started by sunnysmom, 11/28/17.

1. Rachel Karfit

Rachel Karfit Sitting on the front steps

Lulu does this when playing, crawling on my lap or digging in blankets. It’s more of a chewing motion at these times. When wound up, it’s a beak chatter/clack, and sometimes there are little excited whistles in there. We’ve definitely gotten the fast clacking when Lu’s irritated, and other body language along with it like flat feathers, narrow eyes, and an irate vocalization “Good grief,” Hubs has been lunged at right after this. It was confusing at first, but there are always other indicators that let us know just what’s going on in that clever ‘too brain!

2. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Bob Weisman
    Milton also does the soft clicking when he's digging through blankets. It's accompanied with the "come hither, this is a nice place to nest" look that 'toos have...:rolleyes:

3. Rachel Karfit

Rachel Karfit Sitting on the front steps

Yep... I am starting to know that look very well! I make sure to move things around and mess up any spots made.

cassiesdad likes this.
  4. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

My 'toos generally do that when they are happy or excited.

sunnysmom likes this.
  5. samccormack

samccormack Jogging around the block Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Scott
    here is an ok example of Elima clicking listen between the set of thumps i do to call her over

sunnysmom, Dartman and Sarahmoluccan like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)