• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why do caiques do the stomp?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Is it just for fun? It’s freaking adorable either way, but I’ve always wondered if there was a reason for it.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Is it just for fun? It’s freaking adorable either way, but I’ve always wondered if there was a reason for it.
Not sure I’ve seen it have to have a utube lol I do love caiques reading threads on here massively put me off though

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I see quite a few videos of what you're describing. I'm not sure why they do it either, but they sure are adorable to watch :)

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Mostly they do the stomp for the same reason YOU do!

But Ive seen two versions
1) Look at what I can do with my feet ( stalking round like a Marx brother grinning)

2) Im gonna KICK YOUR bum!, done with flared lag feathers and dazzling red eye rings. This is your cue to get the hell outta there fast. (OMG, gotta save my bum!, think frantically "Can that thing FLY?"

Last edited:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)

1) Look at what I can do with my feet ( stalking round like a Marx brother grinning)

2) Im gonna KICK YOUR bum!, done with flared lag feathers and dazzling red eye rings. This is your cue to get the hell outta there fast. (OMG, gotta save my bum!, think frantically "Can that thing FLY?"
They absolutely crack me up when they do it. They’re just hilarious as they’re running around slapping their feet on the floor :roflmao:

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Lesson learnt- I'm never going to mess with a caique.

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
Mine rarely stomp, especially now that they are older (10 years old this fall). But when one of them does, I must steer clear of the bird in that mode, because a beat down is going to happen! They are sooooo cute when they do this....but can be dangerous too (that can be said about most caique behavior). Youtube has some really funny videos of them stomping!! :birdance:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My caiques loved to stomp and hop in the kitchen sink! Lots of noise and they could kinda see their reflection in the porcelain. By far my funniest birds.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
In my experience, it is to (try to) bite a toe off!