• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Wholistic Advice Wanted for Sick Budgie

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I hope she improves.

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
I have taken everything else out of the water and given Snowy Vetafram Triple C, Coccivet and Spark. Added to her drinking water and syringing 2-3 p/day. Pet store suggested I even leave her be a few days between doses to prevent stress but I don't know if I can afford to do that while she is as crook as she is....such a hard call. I will play it by ear.
Why coccivet has she shown signs of having coccidea? You shouldnt give her coccivet unless you know she have it... Baylee had it and she got a treatment for it and i have the meds in case she shows the same symptoms... Coccidea in birds is kinda like Erlichiosis in dogs. From what i was told is normal birds have small amounts of coccidea but when there are symptoms then it means the bird needs treatment to get the coccidea under control.

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@TinaLoui i apologize I haven’t read the whole thread, and normally I would before responding.
Need tea is anti microbial, antibiotic, anti fungal and anti parasitic.

You get it on Amazon or at a health food store. Be sure it’s organic, best is USA harvest.

Pour near boiling water over the leaves and steep maybe an hour then give to your bird. ******Many don’t like the taste so watch carefully; don’t leave it to a 10 year old to tell whether it’s drinking or not. At my house only one bird, the oldest, refuseds it.

That should be the only water source for 24 hours. It’s good for bathing as well- resists parasites.

That might, and I only say might get your bird turned around. In my opinion though this bird likely has many vitamins and minerals deficiencies. Sorry auto correct is taking over but you get it right?

It’s impossible to come back from these overnight especially if illness is also a factor.

The bird needs a better diet immediately. It needs a good multi vitamin, calcium in liquid form, and minerals NOW. Perhaps at half dose due to its weakness.

If you don’t like medication find a holistic vet (no w, do online search for holistic). If it’s the cost putting you off, I suggest you rehome your pets and don’t get any more.

I’m not a vet, vet tech, nurse, or anything. Just a gal with lots of birds, some experience, and an aversion to harsh medications.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez