• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Who likes snakes!?

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
This is the second snake this week :wtf: This one was entangled on our front porch, but we can't touch it as a lot are poisonous here. They all want in our house cause it's really rainy here, and our house is warm. I like snakes, but only when I am absolutely sure they aren't poisonous, which you can't be certain here in Tanzania.
(the pictures aren't the greatest as i was taking them through a screen)

Attachments

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
me me me!!! I found one the other day in our yard and was super excited lol! But I do know a great deal of info about them and how to tell if they're not venomous etc. I held a gorgeous ball python a few weeks ago at a reptile show and I swear, if they didn't eat rats etc I'd have one haha!

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Oh that's so cool! Our other Missionary friends have a large black snake, i have know idea what kind it is, but it is so sweet, and even kind of cuddly, weirdly. So I'm kind of like half way between like them and don't ;)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
This is the second snake this week :wtf: This one was entangled on our front porch, but we can't touch it as a lot are poisonous here. They all want in our house cause it's really rainy here, and our house is warm. I like snakes, but only when I am absolutely sure they aren't poisonous, which you can't be certain here in Tanzania.
(the pictures aren't the greatest as i was taking them through a screen)
I like seeing snakes especially in the wild but it would be pretty disconcerting if I didn't know if they were poisonous or not! :eeeek: The only snake here in Ontario you have to worry about it is rattle snakes but I've never seen one in the wild thank goodness

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I like seeing snakes especially in the wild but it would be pretty disconcerting if I didn't know if they were poisonous or not! :eeeek: The only snake here in Ontario you have to worry about it is rattle snakes but I've never seen one in the wild thank goodness
That's good! Yes it is! Here basically, if you see a snake, you just stay away, cause there are really dangerous ones here. Like black mamba's for example, they are quite common but very, very dangerous.