• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who doesn't love a Taco?!

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Taco progress! :bliss:

There have been a few times, in the past few days, where Taco has started climbing down his cage to be nearer to me on the sofa, but then gotten nervous and hurried back to the top.
But today, he climbed all the way down to the floor, scurried over, climbed up onto the sofa and sat next to me! Then he went around the floor exploring, and got so excited that he started dancing with me.
It didn't last more than a few minutes and then he made his way back to the top of his cage, but I'm so proud of his courage. He's come such an incredibly long way for someone who's only been in this new environment for four days!! He's such an amazing bird. He even met his "grandma" today and stepped up and danced for her.

20180523_183956.jpg

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Just catching up on this thread. Thank you so much for being his soft place to land ❤
The progress you've made is amazing. Taco is a gorgeous boy and I wish you two many happy years together. You both deserve it ❤

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a darling! I sure needed my Taco fix today. :xflove: And I'm glad he was good for grandma, too!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
:omg:Oh my gosh thank you so much for rescuing him. I am glad you found him and that he is bonding with you. It is so awesome when you can tell that a bird knows it has been rescued from a horrible situation and runs with it to really open up to new people again. :cheer:

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
How did I just see this thread?? :wideyed:

Thank you so, so much for taking him in! It's amazing to see how much he's come along even in just a few days. :heart::heart: Imagine how much different he'll be in a month, or a year!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not only was Taco brave enough to venture off of his cage once, he now does it every day! He follows me around like a puppy, occasionally asking to step up so he can survey the goings-on front a better vantage point. He's such a cutie!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
He looks to be an older man. :D They can be some pretty big charmers. His lower beak should straighten out with time, the large side gouges are from the bars of his cage and will go away with regular out of cage time. Have you planned on a new cage for him? I love shopping for new birds. :D

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
He looks to be an older man. :D They can be some pretty big charmers. His lower beak should straighten out with time, the large side gouges are from the bars of his cage and will go away with regular out of cage time. Have you planned on a new cage for him? I love shopping for new birds. :D
I was told he was 12, but I'm not sure I believe his old owners, considering they didn't know much of his past before they got him. They didn't seem to care much about him in general.

I'm super excited to get him a new cage! This one he came with is garbage. I had to scrub so much rust off of it. Blech.
He's gonna have a palace when I can find him one. :D
Unfortunately I'm off work over the summer so I can't afford one yet, but he's getting so spoiled with new toys and good food! I adore him to pieces. :heart:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
You are doing so well by him and you can see it in his eyes!! Amazing progress!!!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
He looks to be older than 12. ;)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for taking Taco into your home. He looks very happy to be in a place where he is loved and cared for.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Have you planned on a new cage for him?
I'm super excited to get him a new cage! This one he came with is garbage. I had to scrub so much rust off of it. Blech.
He's gonna have a palace when I can find him one. :D
Wow, it looks so different now that it's clean I thought it was a new cage. :wideyed: (and I'll bet he thinks so, too!)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I didn't know Taco's horrible past!! I'm so happy for him now, a beauty in your care!