• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who actually sits and watches...

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
their bird do bird stuff, really? When Farlie is out and even when he's in the cage I will sit and just watch him 'play' around. I may watch for an hour or more then go about my business but will usually come back to watch him some more. I have to watch movies a number of times over and over again cuz I'm constantly getting distracted by my baby. Even when I'm playing a PC game I'll hear him grumble or bang something which will distract me. I think birds are fascinating.
How about you guys? Do you ever just sit and watch your bird?

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
We treat Pilo like one of our children and he gives us so much in terms of endearment, laughter and companionship! So the answer to your question is an obvious one as do so many of us here at AA!

Thing to remember is to enjoy every second and let them know how much you enjoy them as well (all the time)! Life is not forever and you never know how much time there is!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I like to watch Buzzard preen, Puffin stretch or snooze and Scotty interact with his toys. But as cute as she is and as much as we love her antics, I think we honestly watch Luv Bug to be sure she isn't getting into trouble. :bored: But when she's playing with her beads and toy parts, I swear I could watch her assemble new combinations all day. :wideyed: It's just fascinating to see.

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
I watch Edgar when he is playing. I watch him when he eats his veggies (I explain this with the neccesity to know how much he eats but the truth is I enjoy watching him eat because it is so cute). I watch him when he sits in his perch and does nothing. Sometimes I feel like a stalker. I only don't watch him when he sleeps but only because this would disturb him.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Yeah, I like to sit real close and watch him eat, too. It's fascinating cuz he has no hands... they use their feet.
Farlie likes to eat out of my hand cuz he can roll his food around and use my hand as to wedge.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I always watch Elvis (partially because I have to- LOL) but I do find him fascinating.

Eggburt Dobson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Marisa
I watch Burt all the time and sometimes he sits and just watches me right back. Partially because he's fun to watch and partially because he enjoys getting into things he shouldn't be. He can be a little devious one, but i love him :D

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Yes, I'm glad to see I'm not alone here ... ha ha - I knew on this forum I would not be alone.

I love to watch mine playing or doing the 'important birdy things' that they do every day. They're just the cutest.
It seems the feeling is mutual, because if I lay down to take a nap, mine love watching me! (And trying to make
enough noise to wake the neighborhood)... How I love those two! :bliss::cheer::excited2:

Kodigirl210

I love watching Isen play. She seems to spend most of her life upside down. And not just upside but upside hanging from 2-toes sometimes. It always amazes me that she can: eat, drink and play upside down. She doesn’t limit it to her perch either. When she’s hitching a ride she usually hangs off the sleeve of my short-sleeved shirt. Sometimes from the neckline or wherever she can grip. It amazes me how acrobatic & flexible she is. How could you not watch something that makes you so happy by just doing what they do naturally :) I’m so very excited to add another lil gymnast to the family (hopefully soon!)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I watch my birds. They are crazy but then they live in this crazy house with a crazy person. :D
They do make me smile and bring me a lot of joy.

Dgh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dana
I am always a napkin! My gcc, Manga stays on me most of the time. My parrotlet, Quill is more adventurous but still is bonded really well.
If they are out I am on a watch a good bit of the time. Luckily they like their play stands cause thats where the seeds, nut, dried fruit mixes are. I am not a constant tree lol.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I sat watching Farlie eat a Popcorn Nutriberry up real close the other day and noticed he didn't eat any of the popcorn. He separated all the 'good' stuff from the corn then discarded the white corn itself.
I thot that to be interesting. I'm not going to buy those again.

I also watched him eat a Nutriberry too. All he seemed to do was tear it apart within a minute and throw everything to the ground while eating very litte of it.
I won't be buying those again either.
Far too wasteful of food IMO.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I sat watching Farlie eat a Popcorn Nutriberry up real close the other day and noticed he didn't eat any of the popcorn. He separated all the 'good' stuff from the corn then discarded the white corn itself.
I thot that to be interesting. I'm not going to buy those again.

I also watched him eat a Nutriberry too. All he seemed to do was tear it apart within a minute and throw everything to the ground while eating very litte of it.
I won't be buying those again either.
Far too wasteful of food IMO.
Blu does the same thing. I'm not buying anymore popcorn either because he eats only the 1 or 2 safflowers on those and tosses the rest.

He picks at nutriberries too but I think he eats a little more than just the safflower on those, so I'll continue buying them. One thing he eats alot of though are the avicakes. Have you ever given Farlie avicakes? He might like them

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Blu does the same thing. I'm not buying anymore popcorn either because he eats only the 1 or 2 safflowers on those and tosses the rest.

He picks at nutriberries too but I think he eats a little more than just the safflower on those, so I'll continue buying them. One thing he eats alot of though are the avicakes. Have you ever given Farlie avicakes? He might like them
No I haven't done that yet but plan to.