• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

White faced

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
well I'm now dealing w reality,I'm gonna b so attached to both of the new birds,handing one off is gonna b tough. I'm also understanding both of them are white faced ,no orange.Never had this situation before. I think the totally white face Olly is a male.Dont know yet about the other.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
Thx Sunnysmom,that was very informative. So I have a male white face an my other baby is female.I have to hand over the female this Sunday,It's gonna b hard to see her go.The autistic boy she is going to is really ready for her.They have named her Max.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thx Sunnysmom,that was very informative. So I have a male white face an my other baby is female.I have to hand over the female this Sunday,It's gonna b hard to see her go.The autistic boy she is going to is really ready for her.They have named her Max.
Maybe the family will give you updates. :) I have never raised a baby but have fostered birds. So I understand how hard it is to let them go. Just think of the joy she'll bring the boy though. :)

RedFoxBlackSox

Walking the driveway
Awwww that sounds tough >_< Glad to hear she will make a child very happy though! And hopefully, he takes very good care of her. It would be great if they sent you some updates now and again!!

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
Well my first baby hand off was tough.I wasn't impressed w parents of the boy.They have sent me a photo update an pics of her new cage,so maybe I'm just to protective? I never let any of my rescues leave,but this was planned before conception,it has gone smooth.I just have to trust,but I don't trust easy.I have the male baby,I'll just have to concentrate on her
Training as well as the other 38 birds I tend to everyday. I did resc.ue 25 finches a week ago,after quarantine an ck up,plus my 13 other exotic birds.Then my daughter tells me her momma tiel is sitting on 3 eggs now.Those I have to handtame,I love my birds,there is nothing I wouldn't do for my little flock!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Make sure you stay in touch with the parents. Heaven forbid, but if it doesn't work out.....