• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

White capped pionus

Valjoy

Checking out the neighborhood
I purchased 3 years ago 2 white capped pionus and they are growing well.
Obviously, I maintain the wings clipped and they seem to adjust well by spending time inside and outside in the large action that I have built for them.
Unlike, what I was told, they barely can talk, they do try however to make strange sounds, some of which may display feelings of contempt and definitely when they don't get their ways with my two jack russels.
I managed however, for the dogs and parrots to live in harmony together, which provides me with great joy seeing them walking side by side when I walk in the patio or garden.
Has anyone have other experience with white capped pionus?
Looking forward to learning from these beautiful species.

Thank you

Attachments

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I managed however, for the dogs and parrots to live in harmony together,
And one day when one of your dogs are using natural instinct and eat one of the parrots (or both) you will understand that dogs and birds has nothing to do with harmony.
The parrots will have no chance to escape from the dogs because they are amputated. Very sad to see that last pic. :(

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:hello:
:welave:
Your birds are adorable! As already mentioned, it is not a good idea to let your dogs and birds interact. Many people have said that their dogs would never harm their birds, only to later have their birds killed. Please reconsider having them "live in harmony."

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Hi! They look very sweet walking together!:heart:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I managed however, for the dogs and parrots to live in harmony together, which provides me with great joy seeing them walking side by side when I walk in the patio or garden.
Has anyone have other experience with white capped pionus?
Looking forward to learning from these beautiful species.

How do you manage for the dogs... ( predators ). To live in harmony with your poor clipped bird ...( prey ) that has no chance of escape . This is an tragedy waiting to happen . Very sad indeed :shakehead: .