1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Whistling

Discussion in 'Cockatiel Corner' started by TikkiTembo, 6/9/19.

1. TikkiTembo

TikkiTembo Meeting neighbors

Chelsea
    So, maybe this is a silly question :smuggrin: Tikki starting to whistle a bit, usually when he can see his reflection. I'd love to teach him a little tune eventually, but....I can't whistle! Is it possible to teach a Cockatiel a tune by humming or singing "Doo Doo Doo?" :rofl: I've been playing birds singing on the Alexa when we leave the house so he can hear lots of different sounds, and praising him when he makes pleasant sounds. Any other non whistlers out there who have whisting birds? :)

2. RadLad

RadLad Moving in

RadLad
    My current struggle: not being able to whistle

I got mine just a few days ago but I want to be able to bond more through whistling! It gets sad when you try but only air comes out, haha!

3. CeciliaZ

CeciliaZ Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Cecilia
    I can't really whistle either, but I try and my tiels are able to imitate my version of a whistle. Maybe someone in your home could whistle to him in hopes of Tikki repeating the tune. I have heard mine whistle so I know they can but when I try - they imitate mine. :lol:

4. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Youtube has many videos of whistling cockatiels. One of my favorites is a tiel whistling a tune while someone is playing the tune on a piano.

Karen and Tiel Feathers like this.
  5. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    Yes, like @Lady Jane said, I would go on YouTube and play videos of a cockatiel whistling a tune. Start with one song, and see if he can pick it up.

Karen likes this.
  6. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
  7. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    Awww, yes, that’s my favorite too! He’s so darned cute!!:heart::heart::heart:

8. Farlie

Farlie Rollerblading along the road

Rick
    :rofl: that's adorable!!!!!!!

How did he ever do it??? WOW!

Lady Jane likes this.
  9. Lady Jane

Dianne
    Its got to be one of the cutest videos of a cockatiel, ever!

Tiel Feathers and Farlie like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)