• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Whining bird

Shauna0522

Moving in
Real Name
Shauna tuck
I have a yellow sided green cheek conure and he seems like he might be sick or something. He sounds like he is whining but im not sure if he is or if he's suffed up. I really cant afford to go to the vet. As my car has just broke down but I was wondering if someone can tell me what his temperature should be and do i take it under his wing or what? If he has a temperature i will definitely take him in if i can find a ride. Thank you all for you time and help.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Can you post a video of your bird?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so sorry birdie is not well. However if you have a sick bird sometimes a vet is necessary. Please do all you can to do this. Try keeping him warm, well fed and comfortable.

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
It is hard to help without getting the picture. Did he eat and drink? Is he perched? Playing?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is " he" a " she" and doing mating whining? l always say " trust your gut"... Hope he's OK.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
feel his feet are they warm or cold, if they are cold he needs to see a vet now. you really can not take the birds temperature. if he is stuffed up, what are his sneezes like dry or wet? if they are wet he needs to see the vet.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
You cannot rely on being able to tell a bird has a fever. Their normal body temperature is around 104 degrees. When you say whining do you mean it sounds like he has respiratory noise? Does it seem like he's breathing more heavily than usual? To me it sounds like he needs to be checked out by the vet.

Shauna0522

Moving in
Real Name
Shauna tuck
He/she? Lol not sure what he is...but he is eating and drinking, perching and playing his feet are nice and warm his sneezes are dry and he doesn't sneeze a lot. Im not sure what a mating whine sound sounds like i will try to make a viedo to post. Thank you all for your input.