• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which website/book for recipes do you recommend?

Karnkate

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
I was thinking of buying the cookbook from BirdTricks but they are very pricy so maybe I should start with other sources first....

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have the cookbook from birdtricks and I am actually quite happy with it, I do not follow all the recipes properly but I do use it as a guide. The reason I do not stress myself about sticking to the recipes completely is because a lot of the produce in it is not available where I live so I google what is similar and substitute for what I can get. I think you can buy either the PDF or hard copy version and the hard copy is much more than the online one. I also think some of their recipes from the book are available on their site somewhere.

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
I have the cookbook from birdtricks and I am actually quite happy with it, I do not follow all the recipes properly but I do use it as a guide. The reason I do not stress myself about sticking to the recipes completely is because a lot of the produce in it is not available where I live so I google what is similar and substitute for what I can get. I think you can buy either the PDF or hard copy version and the hard copy is much more than the online one. I also think some of their recipes from the book are available on their site somewhere.
Hold on... the digital version is not the same as the hard copy version!?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I believe it is the same but much cheaper

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
That book is AMAZING. you should get it. Dr Jason Crean was part of it, he has a FB group if you are really into healthy fresh foods for your fids. The book, though, I can't say enough good things about it. Lots of fun recipes.
Its in my wishlist! I think it may be one of Lucys Christmas presents this year since she loves to cook with momma! :)

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
On Facebook there’s a group called
Cooking recipes for your parrot and a couple of other ones also

cheryls

Strolling the yard
Real Name
cheryl
there has to be some other place than fake book