• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which species

Erden KESİM

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erden KESİM
Hello friends.
I have a question. Which other parrot species can live without problems in the same environment as the rainbow lory ...

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Could you define environment? Lories have very unique needs as I'm sure you know... do you mean just in the same house? Being caged next to another species?

At the shelter, KFC, a permanent shelter lorikeet lives in his own cage with a red belly poi to one side and think a cherry head conure on the other side, but it varies as birds and cages get moved around.

Erden KESİM

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erden KESİM
Could you define environment? Lories have very unique needs as I'm sure you know... do you mean just in the same house? Being caged next to another species?

At the shelter, KFC, a permanent shelter lorikeet lives in his own cage with a red belly poi to one side and think a cherry head conure on the other side, but it varies as birds and cages get moved around.
Hello
The same room could be a better definition.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
In the same room, lories would be fine in my opinion all but dusty birds.

Long as everyone has their own cage and play areas, no different than having a conure in same room as an amazon :)

Erden KESİM

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erden KESİM
In the same room, lories would be fine in my opinion all but dusty birds.

Long as everyone has their own cage and play areas, no different than having a conure in same room as an amazon :)
thank you so much Jenphilly I was afraid they would harm each other. I was relieved.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
As long as you're not thinking social interaction, no worries. Just remember such different diets, so be aware of food bowls outside the cages.

Erden KESİM

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erden KESİM
As long as you're not thinking social interaction, no worries. Just remember such different diets, so be aware of food bowls outside the cages.
You are right .. pascal (lory) is so curious ... :D

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
The big thing about interaction between the Lory and the others is the Lories personality. My Lory had no problems being free with our Cockatiel and Sun Conure rescue. He had a wonderful outgoing personality and I'd gotten him young. So he grew up with cage doors open 8+ hours a day. He had social interaction with numerous different family members. And when the 2 other birds were introduced the socialization was strictly supervised. Then again the Lories that are at the rescue I volunteer at are a different story. Out of 20 or so I feel with time maybe 2 would be ok to socialize at all. Be careful but open minded.

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
I love the name Pascal. Is that a reference to the wager?