• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which species of parrot has been your "terror bird"?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I little parrotlet named Lilli ( short for Lilliput ).

I was her Gulliver she hated anything to do with hands. I had to put an oven mitt over my hand before she would come out of the cage. If she saw a hand(or a glove with fingers) you were going to bleed. Hands covered with sleeves or mittens were ok.

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Not technically in my flock, but this one cockatoo in the wild flock which i’ve named Lime.
He will chase me down on the ground and bite the backs of my ankles. I can’t go outside if i see him in the tree line…he stalks me. :grumpy:
8E272224-78A0-43B1-923F-8B23D11197DD.jpeg 7C392EF4-1E8A-4F73-8CF0-ED0156B3272E.jpeg

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Not technically in my flock, but this one cockatoo in the wild flock which i’ve named Lime.
He will chase me down on the ground and bite the backs of my ankles. I can’t go outside if i see him in the tree line…he stalks me. :grumpy:
View attachment 442568 View attachment 442569
That’s a rather large bird to have that sort of feisty attitude! Is it just you or people in general?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
A little lovebird! LOL. It's so embarrassing to admit. She would latch on to my hand and not let go. I would gently lift my hand up thinking she would let go. Nope. Her little feet would be dangling in the air. Blood would be dripping off of my hand, and she would just look at me with this sweet little angelic face like, "what? is there a problem?" I would look at her and say, "there's a reason that God made you so cute." LOL. But, I will say she came from a very bad situation. (I was fostering her.) We made a lot of progress in the time that I had her and I think with love and time she would have been just fine. (She got adopted.) On the flip side of that, one of the sweetest birds I ever took care of was also a lovebird. So you just never know.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Ohh I am sorry @Spearmint but I can't help giggling- they really are terrorists lol

My grandad had a rescue with one wing who loved to chase people while my grandad wasn't looking lmao and we once had a rescue for a short time while looking for its family who would target my mum and chase her- I do think it is a very cockatoo kind of thing to do.

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Ohh I am sorry @Spearmint but I can't help giggling- they really are terrorists lol

My grandad had a rescue with one wing who loved to chase people while my grandad wasn't looking lmao and we once had a rescue for a short time while looking for its family who would target my mum and chase her- I do think it is a very cockatoo kind of thing to do.
Theyre either super sweet or are ready to tear your whole house apart :roflmao:

caspin22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christine
Right now, it's Daisy, my Red Bellied. She's a hormonal horror right now, and I'm both her chosen mate and chomping target. She's 20 months old and I've had her since she was 6 months old. She was a bitey wretch when we got her, super skittish, and didn't want to be touched in any way. Over time I gained her trust and she loved head rubs, learned to step up nicely, could be trusted on my shoulder, etc. We made huge progress, until the hormones hit.

She's never been petted anywhere other than her head and neck, has 12-14 hours of full dark sleep time every night, but she's so hormonal. She's good for a little while, but then will start to regurgitate and pump her head, presents her rear end to me, all of which is ignored, and then she starts biting. A couple of months ago, she flew to my shoulder and bit the side of my neck so hard I had a bruise for a week, it looked like someone had tried to strangle me.

I know this is a phase, and we'll get through it (and then maybe deal with it again and again depending on the season), but she's testing me right now for sure.