• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which LOGO do you like best?

Which LOGO do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
I would have liked #2 better...but I was unsure about that space between the island and the text. It was all I could focus on for some reason.
I see what you mean. Hmm, it does appear as if it was meant to be against the sides of the logo rather than where it is currently. Against the sides the space would effectively disappear. This could be accomplished by 'mirroring' the island graphic. Or, taking the island and shifting it to the far right against the side, and having the Amazon to the far left with the lettering in the middle. These are just possibilities and I have no idea if they would better than the options already posted.

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I'm actually the lone person so far who liked #1 better.
I found it's "cleaner" - not that the others are particularly cluttered, but I like how more streamlined it is.
You have a good point there, Shade....simplicity. I have been cautioned that when it comes to designing an effective logo, it is important to "keep it simple". I wonder why more did not choose this simpler design.

I like #2 best, with the easy to see palm trees, and because you're selling palm nuts. But I think it would look really great to have the parrot on the other side of the logo. So...perched on the X, and facing the other direction, obviously.
I initially had considered anchoring the parrot on the other side of the text as you suggest with the palm tree shadow on the other side as a counter-balance. I was afraid it might make it all too busy if I did that and so never actually tested this out. I think I should do a rough of the layout you suggest and see if it works better than I envision. Thank you!

I selected #2 but I think it could be slightly improved with a bolder face font. Design-wise it's gorgeous, gotta love the YSA!! :cool10:
Thank you, Titanis. As for the font, I have been told by someone familiar with the rules of graphics design that I actually selected a font that is not well-regarded by professional designers. The font is Papyrus and apparently it is too whimsical in the eyes of professionals. I must admit that when reviewing my font choices, I felt overwhelmed. I liked Papyrus because it struck me as light and casual and given that I am trying to convey a "tropical" air to our products, I thought it appropriate. But I guess I need to revisit my font choice. Anyone have any suggestions? This is all so very new to me.

I love the palm shadows in 3, it gets the message across of palms, but doesn't take away from the name Cozy Nestbox :)
Danita, I am with you on this! I liked #3 because I thought the palm trees was a subtle addition that emphasized our products largely come from palm trees. I struggled with how to convey this without making the whole logo too "busy" or the palm trees too distracting. Doesn't appear I totally achieved yet what I was trying to do. Back to the drawing board for me!

I would have liked #2 better...but I was unsure about that space between the island and the text. It was all I could focus on for some reason.

EDIT: What Danita said is also why that space between the island and text bothers me.
That space has bugged me too! In fact, earlier tonight I was fussing with how to get around it. I have redesigned it somewhat to address this issue but not sure it works as well as I would like yet. Thank you for your feedback!

The only problem with #3 is the palm shading being too subtle. It could be difficult to discern or identify as palm fronds. Perhaps if it was the entire background and therefore not appear 'flattened', it might work better as a concept...? :huh:
I could darken the shading of the palm fronds but was reluctant to do too much as I am trying to avoid them from being the focal point, if you know what I mean. I could try putting in the entire background and see what that looks like. I'm going to give that a whirl. Thanks again for your input, Titanis. It is greatly appreciated.

I see what you mean. Hmm, it does appear as if it was meant to be against the sides of the logo rather than where it is currently. Against the sides the space would effectively disappear. This could be accomplished by 'mirroring' the island graphic. Or, taking the island and shifting it to the far right against the side, and having the Amazon to the far left with the lettering in the middle. These are just possibilities and I have no idea if they would better than the options already posted.
You know, I did exactly what I think you were describing Titanis -- I made a duplicate of the shadowy palm trees and then erased all but the base, flipped it around and pasted it to the side of the original design so that there is no "flat" edge but more of a mound. Hope you can envision what I am describing. I do think that is better than the sharp cut of the former design but not sure if making it a mound is what I will end up doing.

I hadn't thought of shifting the trees all the way to the right! I will definitely try this out and see how it looks.

I so appreciate everyone taking the time to review the logo options and giving me your feedback. I am giving careful consideration to what all of you have pointed out so far. Please keep your comments coming! Thank you all so much. :hug8:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Thank you, Titanis. As for the font, I have been told by someone familiar with the rules of graphics design that I actually selected a font that is not well-regarded by professional designers. The font is Papyrus and apparently it is too whimsical in the eyes of professionals. I must admit that when reviewing my font choices, I felt overwhelmed. I liked Papyrus because it struck me as light and casual and given that I am trying to convey a "tropical" air to our products, I thought it appropriate. But I guess I need to revisit my font choice. Anyone have any suggestions? This is all so very new to me.
In the past, I have provided some ideas to business cards, logos and other business-related designs. I'm not a pro by any means but lightly worked on some other people's projects in an advisory role. My best advice is to go with what you think is best for your product. Sure, there might be certain fonts and styles preferred or not often chosen by the pros for whatever reasons, but ultimately it's you who decides and that decision is derived from knowing best what is most marketable for your business. :)

I could darken the shading of the palm fronds but was reluctant to do too much as I am trying to avoid them from being the focal point, if you know what I mean. I could try putting in the entire background and see what that looks like. I'm going to give that a whirl. Thanks again for your input, Titanis. It is greatly appreciated.
Forgive me Kelly, I wrongly phrased my post when stating the word subtle. I didn't mean the depth of the palm shading. I meant the overall appearance of the fronds in #3 was a bit too subtle and referred mostly to the size and shape. If you maintain the shading but expand the palm fronds in #3 to cover the whole background, perhaps the effect will be improved and the fronds will retain natural scaling. If you do this, they need to remain a lighter shading in order to prevent the rest of the logo becoming obscured by the pattern of the palms.

You know, I did exactly what I think you were describing Titanis -- I made a duplicate of the shadowy palm trees and then erased all but the base, flipped it around and pasted it to the side of the original design so that there is no "flat" edge but more of a mound. Hope you can envision what I am describing. I do think that is better than the sharp cut of the former design but not sure if making it a mound is what I will end up doing.
I think I have an idea what you're saying and it's similar to what I posted but not 100% sure. I guess the best thing to do is once you have more ideas to post another poll with the improved designs. :)

I hadn't thought of shifting the trees all the way to the right! I will definitely try this out and see how it looks.
I would be very interesting to see the difference. :cool10:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I initially had considered anchoring the parrot on the other side of the text as you suggest with the palm tree shadow on the other side as a counter-balance. I was afraid it might make it all too busy if I did that and so never actually tested this out. I think I should do a rough of the layout you suggest and see if it works better than I envision. Thank you!

I so appreciate everyone taking the time to review the logo options and giving me your feedback. I am giving careful consideration to what all of you have pointed out so far. Please keep your comments coming! Thank you all so much. :hug8:

Definitely try it and see how it looks! I think it would help balance out the logo nicely. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.