• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which harness is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Which harness is the best? And by best I mean that a G2 is most unlikely to get out of and be safest in? Is there any reason that Goofy and Strawberry couldn't share a harness? Though I can't see Strawberry ever letting me putting one on her. How safe are these things? I would never try it on a day like today, a day that riding my 800 lb bike would be hard to keep a straight line.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Aviator Harness by far! I think it is the safest both in terms of construction/material as well as in terms of escape. The flight suit's "leash" part is only connected by velcro... I'd never trust it outside!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
which harness is the best? and by best i mean that a g2 is most unlikely to get out of and be safest in? Is there any reason that goofy and strawberry couldn't share a harness? Though i can't see strawberry ever letting me putting one on her. How safe are these things? I would never try it on a day like today, a day that riding my 800 lb bike would be hard to keep a straight line.

i use the fig 8 harness for 2 reasons its the easet to put on in my eyes and i make my own so know it fits if i can ill show you it cant seem to always get the pic i want with the change 007.JPG

i have other pic to show but dont know how to get off computer sorry

Doc Squid

Checking out the neighborhood
Is it possible to wear the 'flight suit' under an aviator harness? We're not ready for harnesses yet, but I want something that will catch poop and be safe outdoors, so we can go visiting.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Is it possible to wear the 'flight suit' under an aviator harness? We're not ready for harnesses yet, but I want something that will catch poop and be safe outdoors, so we can go visiting.
Possibly.. but, I would imagine it would be very uncomfortable (and annoying) for the bird, wearing 2 different harnesses. Can I ask why you need something to catch poop? Is this for inside or outside? If they poop outside, it doesn’t really matter, if it is for inside, poop is easy to clean up, just have baby wipes handy.

I wouldn’t trust a flight suit. I have an Aviator Harness and it is the only harness I will use and trust (safety-wise).

Last edited:

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Just remember that flight suits keep the heat in and should not be on for very long. You can do both, but I do not recommend it. :(

Aviator Harness is the best IMHO.

Doc Squid

Checking out the neighborhood
Can I ask why you need something to catch poop? Is this for inside or outside?
Both. As in, go outside, walk over to a friend's, go inside. My friends aren't poop-phobic and my bird isn't big so if the flightsuit not important and if it is hot and uncomfortable on its own, it'd be better to do without. I don't trust something with velcro closures outdoors here.

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Aviator Harness by far! I think it is the safest both in terms of construction/material as well as in terms of escape. The flight suit's "leash" part is only connected by velcro... I'd never trust it outside!
Ditto. Can't convince Nicky to wear one yet, but they look foolproof. Also, I would never trust a homemade one. Would never risk that.

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Doll, somehow I didn't see your post. Are you sure it's safe? I'm thinking of the dress I made in home ec in 9th grade.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.