• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

which cage would be best for a quaker?

Cpara

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cindy
Just a thought, but quakers are known to be particularly protective of their territory. I would avoid the A&E one because it doesn't have feeder doors.
Yeah,I understand.The ones with the feeder doors is for larger parrots so the bar spacing is too big,still on the look out.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi

Cpara

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cindy

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I believe the dimensions are about the same as a standard flight, but the depth is more towards 30inches. Bar spacing doesn't seem to much more then 1/2, so maybe 5/8 I'd guess. I'll try to look for a website that says the exact dimensions. :)

Cpara

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cindy
I believe the dimensions are about the same as a standard flight, but the depth is more towards 30inches. Bar spacing doesn't seem to much more then 1/2, so maybe 5/8 I'd guess. I'll try to look for a website that says the exact dimensions. :)
Thanks,trying to look for one too.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
No problem, hope the cage works out for you. :)
The only main complaint with that cage is that because of the depth, it makes it hard to move through standard doorways. So that could be a factor to keep in mind if you decide on this one.

Cpara

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cindy
No problem, hope the cage works out for you. :)
The only main complaint with that cage is that because of the depth, it makes it hard to move through standard doorways. So that could be a factor to keep in mind if you decide on this one.
BAD NEWS:I just found out it doesn't ship to Canada lol.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
That's sad :(
I hope you find the cage your looking for still.
Is one like the A&E one I posted above an option? It has feeder doors. :)
I'm sure you can find that one on Amazon, and they ship to Canada.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
first one I think. you can easily make a much better playtop than the second one has.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you have a Petco in Canada or do they ship there? They are currently having a sale on cages. The sale ends today although, based on past experience with them, they may continue discounting cages and other items with another sale. I do know, though, that the exchange rate is not the best right now.

Cpara

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cindy
Do you have a Petco in Canada or do they ship there? They are currently having a sale on cages. The sale ends today although, based on past experience with them, they may continue discounting cages and other items with another sale. I do know, though, that the exchange rate is not the best right now.
I think some product do and some don't,guess I will wait.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
There are Petcos in Canada. The one here does not carry any cage bigger than the large Vision model. The sale certainly wouldn't carry over.

Your best bet is finding something second hand. I got a practically brand new Avian Adventures Loro from a local SPCA.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
So my Opinion for what it is worth is the A&E cage. I have three A & E cages and I have gotten mine from a Canadian Store. Parrotdise perch. They are fantastic! Bird Lovers. I have wanted a Quaker for a while ever since I almost purchased one 10yrs ago. I love them. Quakers can be territorial, well they are actually known for it, but you also have to be able to set boundaries when feeding. That is something you have to work out with your own bird. The problem with the play top is that, that also is part of their cage and it can be impossible to have out of cage time and place them back in their cage when it is attached as they are more likely to defend a play top area on top of their cage then a separate play space. I have always been told a play space away from their home cage is more preferred as long as the play space is in a communal area when the bird doesn't feel left out.

here is a link to their store and the recommendations of cages by species I hit Quaker for you. Cages - Products

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
upload_2016-1-31_21-56-16.jpeg
Here is my flight Single A&E which currently has my two Linnies..
upload_2016-1-31_21-57-5.jpeg
Here is My double stack flight which has my parrotlet in the top and the bottom remains empty
upload_2016-1-31_21-58-42.jpeg
and my A&E Victorian which houses my Rose Crown Conure... All of these cages have been perfect!

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
oh and I use these
upload_2016-1-31_22-1-6.jpeg
ceramic dishes for food in my flight cages and Stainless steel for water and in the victorian I use the stainless steel ones they came with.

(The dishes in the image for me are extra... I bought a size bigger then my usual 8oz, I think these are 14oz and they were too big I wanted them for the Victorian, they didn't fit so I am holding onto them if i ever get a larger bird I have two dishes ready!)