• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where to buy millet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Where can I buy Millet, cuttle bones, and mineral blocks all at the same store online? I don't want to buy it at the pet store because their Millet isn't of good quality.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
She has spray millet but she doesn't have cuttle bones...Or at least I couldn't find them on her site. =( Some one suggested Amazon.com on another site. What do you guys think? Do you think they have quality millet and cuttle bones (dont know how quality cuttle bones can be LOL)

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Amy, I have cuttlebones coming in. Should be here by tomorrow hopefully (meaning Wednesday).

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
your local health food store will have human grade millet:)
I just bought some today....

birdsafe

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Arbogast
we have all three available - the millet sprays and cuttlebones are individually packaged for safety, and the mineral blocks- you can choose standard unflavored, or choose your flavor in small, medium, and large sizes.

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Wow I didn't know all millet is not the same. I buy at Petsmart, or Walmart or grocery store. I saw some on Dr. Foster and Smith and it said goldenburst millet.

Can someone give me a quick education on millet? Is it the freshness of it or the quality of the millet or both?

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Well I have been buying millet since I sent some to Zamir for a treat 6 years ago and I can tell you for a fact that Kathies millet is the biggest, fattest, freshest, cheapest bestest millet I have ever seen and the Lovies go nuts everytime I open the box.

Ginger

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
I will definitely buy it from Kathie on my next order. I didn't even know she carried it.

On a side note, I tried the flavored millet apple and blueberry, my birds don't seem to care for it much and I don't either, so messy and powdery.

None of my birds really went for it, even the smaller birds, parakeet and canary who can devour a whole millet stick in a day. the flavored millet just sits there.

The sunday conure and cockatoo, I only break off little sprigs and put in their bowl as a treat. they won't eat the flavorered either, just drop to the bottom but the reg millet they like. I bet they will love Kathie's.

Status
Not open for further replies.