• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where does your Green-cheek conure sleep?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Koopa :sadhug2:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I had a Happy Hut for Valentine, she started getting humpy with it and aggressive to me, took it out, after 4 years her boing started getting hairy, took it out, replaced with an atom that she sleeps in.

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
I've used Just Bird Tents.com for my lovie and budgies. I also fostered 2 tiel siblings who enjoyed theirs as well!! We used the playpen style......

This is PICKLES
Pickles.jpg

This is Loshi and Rio
Loshi___Rio_op_640x480.jpg

These cities I fostered. Spice is on the left and Cinnamon is on the right.
Spice___Cinnamon.jpg

I also have one of the table top cubes that is in the play area....my 2 lovies LOVE to play in its!! This is not my pic and is from the Just Bird Tents page.
100_1934_op_640x603.jpg

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
My GCC sleeps in a Happy Hut......has for her whole life! She is about 8.5yrs now and has the same one as she freaks out if I remove it.....I check it ALL the time and she does not chew it.

I have plans on making a PVC tunnel 29th a removable fleece cover so I can change it for washing. Here are some instructions on making the tunnel that another AA member posted. Once my hand heals from my Carpal tunnel surgery I just had I plan on making one for my hahns, GCC, lovies x2, budgies x2 (boy and girl cages), and my P'let. I have ideas on making the fleece with a cushioned bottom for comfort as well as making it completely removable for washing and if I feel like changing the pattern/color of the tunnels! I already have a ruff draft for the fleece cover made and just need the tunnels so I make the right sizes. I will end up with 3 different sizes of tunnels to fit my FIDS correctly ;)

PVC bed | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
My Rio a cbc sleep on the back of the cage hanging from the bars. It makes me so sad as it couldn;t be comfortable but he's always done that so its his choice. All the birdies looks so cute cuddling in there fluffies.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a ladder made of short sticks that is held together by natural fiber rope. I originally put it in as a ladder and he wasn't having it at all. When I moved him to the new cage I put it in so that it hangs in a U shape instead of a ladder from top to bottom. That seemed to work and now he sleeps in the middle of it. I thought about getting one of those sleeping huts, but since moving him to the new cage he gets moody if I change things. Eventually he's going to go into a bigger cage so maybe I'll put it in there and it can just be part of the new cage for him to explore.

DJR

Meeting neighbors
Phoenix sleeps on top of a hollow tree trunk. I actually bought it so he could get inside of it, but he seems to really enjoy it on top.

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
They sleep in here on my nightstand.

But sometimes I catch the baby sleeping like this.

sylven

Meeting neighbors
mango sleeps in a tent, bought it from pets at home so should be ok, never chews anyway , she loves it