• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where do you draw the line?

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No worries from me, I don't do Facebook.

I think about Dino every time I cut papaya for my GW's. I always remember your story about how much he likes it. Are you able to get papaya in Belize?

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
Karen, my first thing is to find out if there's been an outbreak of Avian flu, Newcastle disease or West Nile virus in Belize over the last 6 months. I'm pretty positive two of those three haven't, but avian flu, I'm not sure of.

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
My last two posts are not showing, I don't think. I'm getting an error message about waiting 10 seconds.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
We've known each other a long time Gary. I understand your pain very well. You can't stay there because then you'll both die. You can't leave him with anyone (especially there) because you are connected and I understand that. He has to come with you. I know it's expensive but can't believe it costs that much.

PM buddy.

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I would first see about the job in Spain. When you know that you will be going you do research how to ship the bird. And then you raise the money, sell belongings, take a loan etc. Don't be that frustrated yet, you know that you don't want to stay there , that is a first step.

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Hi. I don't know you but I can understand why you wouldn't want to stay in Belize. We went there on vacation to see if it was a good place to retire. It is beautiful and the people were sweet but it's such a poor country and you had to have independent money to stay. Only one hospital. Almost no ambulance service. I feel for you and would help if I knew how. Check out the things others have suggested. You may have more options than you know. I really wish you luck. I've lived for 2 years on a small island and hated it. Can't imagine how awful to have been trapped there or have to give up cheeky

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Gary. Have you found any information yet regarding getting Dino back to Spain with you?

MARILYN CEDENO

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marilyn
Oh, Gary I just had the absolute pleasure of watching a few of your videos and may I say there is such an obvious, amazingly strong bond between you and Dino. I was almost brought to joyous tears many times. You two are so fun to watch together. I really hope everything works out for you.

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I too went and watched some of your videos. Dino is so beautiful and sweet. It shows how much you love each other. I will be keeping up to see how it goes and will contribute if there's a way. Keep your chin up