• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where do you draw the line?

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
This is a post I never thought I'd make. My Dino is my everything. Dino is a part of me. I live for Dino! But what if your parrot is destroying your life? Gosh, only those of you who know Dino & I are going to truly understand this.
I moved to Belize with Dino from Spain. I thought it was a good move. I actually did it because of Dino. Too long a story to go into. But where I'm going to with this is, I hate living here, I hate it so much! I want to move back to Spain and have had an offer to do so. But I may have to leave Dino behind, if I do. I don't know if I can do that, but I don't know if I can go on with this life , if I don't.
Dino is literally all that is holding me here. I would die for him, but live this life, ????
What do I do? No, you can't have him, he's mine, before you ask. He either comes with me or dies. That is what he means to me! Its a dilemma!!! I don't think I can ever part with him, but I'm also on a sinking ship financially.....seriously financially, but a return to Spain would turn that around. This really isn't going to make sense to any of you that haven't known us for the last 8 years, but I'd still appreciate your input.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You say you may have to leave them behind. Is there a chance he can go with you? What do you mean by he either comes with you or dies?

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
This may sound silly, but why exactly can't you take him with?

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
Karen, all I can say is life is very different here in Belize. There is no way in hell I would leave Dino to anyone here. Either he comes with me or if not permitted, he will not suffer the life he would be destined to.
I'm already regretting posting this. I think its going to be too heavy. I'm not looking for opinions. I'm looking for help!

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
Reggie, I still have to find out, but while I could afford the $8,000 it cost to ship Dino from Spain to Belize, I cannot afford the return fare!

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
It's hard to help without knowing the full details. Still, I would take it one step at a time. Before you start counting your chickens, you should see what the situation is regarding getting him back into Spain. You can't really do much until you know that for sure, can you?

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Reggie, I still have to find out, but while I could afford the $8,000 it cost to ship Dino from Spain to Belize, I cannot afford the return fare!
So your problem is really a financial one?

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
Yes and yes. I don't know for sure if I can take him back to Spain yet and yes, I know I can't afford it, if I can! Hopeless?

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you had the funds, could Dino go with you?

There are ways to get help if that's what is needed.

Gary you and Dino have been around the forums for many years. Many of us know you and Dino. I've always loved reading your stories about him. He's quite the character.

Keep the faith. Where there's a will there's a way.

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie

If you're having issues financially, have you thought of starting a GoFundMe or something similar to see if you could raise a couple hundred more toward getting him back to Spain with you? I'm sure if you were allowed to post a link on the site, anyone who knows you and Dino well and who can afford to would love to help you guys out.

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
Karen, I don't know if he could go yet. I'm just putting out feelers. In the end, it really would come down to finances, yes! I had it, I don't have it now. Simple as that. :(

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Karen, all I can say is life is very different here in Belize. There is no way in hell I would leave Dino to anyone here. Either he comes with me or if not permitted, he will not suffer the life he would be destined to.
I'm already regretting posting this. I think its going to be too heavy. I'm not looking for opinions. I'm looking for help!
Gary no judgement here. I just wanted to know how dire the situation was. If you say he would not be safe or taken care of if left behind, I understand the difficult situation you're in.

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
I haven't figured out how to reply to a specific post, but gofundme would be a good idea, if it came down to it. I know this post is a little premature. Research needs to be done yet, but I've gained so mush through posting on parrot forums over the years, it can only help to figure things out. :)

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
Karen, its dire. It's killing me! But I have to live for one Big Red Bug, don't I?

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like the Go Fund Me idea too. If you can put the pieces together I have no doubt you will have lots of help.

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
For my bug, I'd do anything. Maybe that would be the way to go. I just know we have to get out of this. It is making both of us miserable!

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Karen, its dire. It's killing me! But I have to live for one Big Red Bug, don't I?
You sure do! You two are one.

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
Cripes! I don't know why I'm admitting this! I am as embarrassed as hell.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nothing to be embarrassed about. You'll have lots of help. Do you know where to begin to see if Dino can go back to Spain?

Dino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary
BTW. None of my friends here in Belize know how I feel, so if you know me on FB, please be discrete.