• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where can I get this vine in bulk?

Alliusis

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Caitlin
Hi all!

My linnie is very particular with the toys she likes, and I've finally found something she loves. In the picture below, it's the thick dark vine that rims the basket. It's pretty easy to snap and it can also kind of "peel off" in sections once broken.

I've tried giving her the typical smaller/thinner vine balls after she destroyed this one because I couldn't find the thicker vine. She's not interested. It could be because they're tougher and more difficult to chew apart (she's had some damage to her beak in the past so it could be sensitive).

Anyway, the only vine weaves/balls I've been able to find are the thin and small vines! Where can I find this thicker vine? Is it called anything special?

Thanks!

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Usually that's seagrass :)

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I also bought a small woven basket like that, I think from California Bird Nerds. My linnies love seagrass! I have some seagrass mats in their cage and they shred it. Mine also really like balsa and also these plastic curly straw things.

Attachments

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I also have this thing, my linnies have chewed the top, exposing grapevine. I got this in the rabbit/small animal section of the pet store. 20190626_153416.jpg

Alliusis

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Caitlin
Wow!! You guys are amazing, I didn't expect this many replies! :) They definitely nibble on the seagrass, and those vine rings look much thicker than the tiny vine balls I was able to find. I'll look around for the grapevine. Thank you so much!!

Serin

Sprinting down the street
You may have success searching for basket making supplies, not bird toys, to find the grape vine in bulk.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
We all love birds! Hahaha and keeping them happy

Alliusis

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Caitlin
You may have success searching for basket making supplies, not bird toys, to find the grape vine in bulk.
Thanks for the suggestion! I see it a lot (wreath-making supplies, basket supplies, grapevine from art stores) when I google it, but I'm weary of how they treat the vine, which has made me hesitate.

I found a nice site in the states that harvest their own grapevine and make grapevine perches/toys/orbs/climbing structures specifically for birds. The font is very hard to read, but they replied to my email recently so they're still in business :) Here are some examples of their work in case anyone else is looking for it! They do amazing work. This is their page -> Page 3
And below is a picture example :)

They do not ship to Canada but I may be able to arrange it so it's shipped to a relative's house and they drive it up when they come for our family reunion.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Thanks for the suggestion! I see it a lot (wreath-making supplies, basket supplies, grapevine from art stores) when I google it, but I'm weary of how they treat the vine, which has made me hesitate.

I found a nice site in the states that harvest their own grapevine and make grapevine perches/toys/orbs/climbing structures specifically for birds. The font is very hard to read, but they replied to my email recently so they're still in business :) Here are some examples of their work in case anyone else is looking for it! They do amazing work. This is their page -> Page 3
And below is a picture example :)

They do not ship to Canada but I may be able to arrange it so it's shipped to a relative's house and they drive it up when they come for our family reunion.
That is amazing! They have really neat stuff, and good prices too!