• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures When you stomach turns!

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
We were having our usual evening with Pilo and he was being his usual self in terms of telling us how much he loves us and how much he loves kisses and of course the usual request for bickies and a lick of ice cream after the act of kindness on his part!

We are indeed blessed to have Pilo as part of our family and he especially was very sweet and cuddly today! Did all his usual antics to make us laugh and then proceeded to play peekaboo again!

Usually I only have to contact call him and he either flys to me or starts yakking away to let me know where he is immediately!

Today my stomach turned over as he failed to answer me... I felt sick with fear!

10 seconds or so later... he started laughing from the direction of the filing cabinet!

35A2FBB9-C831-4AFE-98A9-C9C46D826113.jpeg

Pilo took ten years off my life in ten seconds...

Me: You know you scared me half to death Mr Monkey pants!

Pilo: Where’s my baby?

73C319AB-8195-4CED-9BD8-DFDE5171B482.jpeg

Me: Figures! :meh:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
It may only have been 10 seconds, but when it's out of the ordinary I'd absolutely worry, too.

Glad you are okay, Pilo!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Being quiet and hiding? Pilo has constant attention 12 hours a day! So perhaps not entirely true this time! :) (Except Sundays)
What a stinker!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:hug8: I have a room only for them and I still get the stomach drop. Yesterday, everyone scattered so then I have to make sure everyone is in their area. I could not find Julip! Stomach drops and then I think "she's in the room, it's not like she escaped"! I finally look at one of the divider nets and she's hooked looking at me like...wth mom, get me off this already. :blink:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Glad he is ok..the little rascal!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They know how to scare us, definitely.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:hug8: I have a room only for them and I still get the stomach drop. Yesterday, everyone scattered so then I have to make sure everyone is in their area. I could not find Julip! Stomach drops and then I think "she's in the room, it's not like she escaped"! I finally look at one of the divider nets and she's hooked looking at me like...wth mom, get me off this already. :blink:
Made me smile! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You know it better than most! :)
LOL. Elvis keeps me on my toes. But even Sunny my 'tiel gave me some good scares. I once couldn't find him anywhere. This was the bird that rarely left my side. I was completely freaking out. Some how he had fallen behind the piano and was hanging from the cord of the light that sat on top of the piano. He was afraid to let go and didn't have enough room to fly out. I'm not even sure how I found him. He was absolutely fine but I think I lost years off my life that day. LOL.