• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

When they see you outside the window do they freak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:rofl: I don't know why, but mine definitely do. It causes a big kerfuffle of wing flapping and loudiness!!:huh:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Zoe and the minis can get very startled by it. Elvis just yells "hi" or some such :) She's much more laidback :cool:

fidsmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
OH YES, they freak out, they all will do flock calling & screaming heavy duty ! sometines when the doorbell rings, & I am vacumming, & I don't hear bell, they will scream, they are like my " guard birds ' also when I cut the grass, & go by their window they scream like crazy !

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Yup. Scream fest all around. :D

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
The Quakers let out a few "alarm" calls until they realize the person outside the window is me.

The Cakes don't freak, but will follow me around .. going from window to window as much as they can.

The rest of the flock are on the 2nd floor, so they can't really see me outside unless they're sitting in the window .. most ignore me .. Mojo will occasionally yell "HI".

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Yes and no. When I pull up in the driveway and everyone hears my car the shrieking starts and doesn't stop until I get inside the house. Of course, Indie is usually sitting on the living room curtain rod and sees me getting out of the car.

BUT if someone walks past the dining room window in the back of the house or off the deck general panic ensues with everyone (and I do mean everyone) screaming their heads off in a panic call, those who are flighted start flying in laps and those who aren't flighted taking leaps of faith off their cages and then scurrying back to their cages for safety. :omg:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
the tiels run back and forth back and forth..one day Sam saw a bunny and she was just fascinated..she just stared and stared....Mitch and Sam both agreed the frog was el scary and they both ran screaming that day...

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sammy screams!
Sunshine yells, "Are you going to the mailbox?":o:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Honu and Cosmo give alarm calls at first until they see it's me or the hubby. Tango moves so that he can watch us outside and cat calls. :o:

penny'smom

Real Name
Ashley
My caique gets really red-eyed and slowly does headbobs or "pretends" to preen. She gets all puffed up and follows from window to window to see what's happening. She stays in this weird state for a few minutes after I come in.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Scream. Ella screams and gets so angry. How DARE I venture outside without her, or spend my time indoors with her. And her screaming gets the rest of the flock riled up, which gets the dogs going, which scares the daylights out of the cat.

:rolleyes:

Feather

Avenue Veteran
Yes. Zyda especially. She starts with her little wailing noises as if she thinks I've abandoned her and the cockatiels just go crazy, flying around the room disturbing everyone else.
Also, when I go out to call for the cats at night, Adaryn calls "Kitty, kitty, kitty!" with me through the window, though she rarely makes the call while I'm inside the house, even if I try to call a non-existent indoor cat to encourage her. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.