• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

When it's too hot to walk your dog

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
Sooo it's been warming up (already hit 95 degrees here!) so I thought I'd share this in case some people haven't seen it image.jpeg

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Fortunately for myself and my dog he's a born Alaskan and doesn't even want to leave the house if it gets above 75. :lol:
I say 'fortunately' because I don't want to go anywhere either! I don't know how other people can even function when it gets that hot, it's miserable.

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
Fortunately for myself and my dog he's a born Alaskan and doesn't even want to leave the house if it gets above 75. :lol:
I say 'fortunately' because I don't want to go anywhere either! I don't know how other people can even function when it gets that hot, it's miserable.
I rarely ever get hot, it's the humidity that gets me though :hehe:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Same here, humidity kills me. :faint:

But when it's 80-90+ with the humidity here.. :omg:
Florida is not my ideal state. :wideyed:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
The only thing I hate about Florida is all the pollution. The air quality is atrocious and the sky is a built in night light :faint:
That'd be one of the reasons I love southern Florida, the more north you get here, the air quality gets somewhat lower.
Our beaches in my opinion are nicer down here too, compared to up near Jacksonville.

Wish I lived somewhere cooler though, the heat and humidity kills. :eek:

Senneth

Strolling the yard
I'm glad you shared this! I've seen the result of dogs being walked on too hot pavement. They can get some really bad burns on their paws very quickly