• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

When do I become a true member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse

Ahhh crap, I did not send you fifty bucks. :eek: Only if you spend it on Ziggy for me! :D ( Oh and on your other thread..... I will take Ziggy when you croak ) That is if I don't croak first. ;)
Would you really?

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You should have all the privildges now. However, you REALLY know you are part of the family when Admin takes you to the Woodshed for something! :eek:

;) OK, OK. I am kidding. Sort of... :hehe:

That's what I was thinking. :lol: You also know you're a really a member when are able to remember certain unique behavior fellow Roadies have, like wearing two pair of underwear at all times. :p

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Would you really?
Are you crazy? That boy has been through enough. If you or your sister could not find a perfect home for all those fids and you were actually entertaining putting him down..... in a heartbeat I would take him. Do I still owe you $50 bucks? ;)

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse

Are you crazy? That boy has been through enough. If you or your sister could not find a perfect home for all those fids and you were actually entertaining putting him down..... in a heartbeat I would take him. Do I still owe you $50 bucks? ;)
No, you don't owe me the $50. I hereby pronounce you The Superest Duperest AA Member of All Time. :D

You would love Ziggy. I can't imagine anyone not loving him, once they meet him. I am sure that he would enjoy being an ambassador of goodwill at your shows.

paperdragon

Rollerblading along the road
How long will it take me to be a true member?? would really like to post my own threads instead of just replying to others
You should've been able to do that all along. Does this button show for you when you click on individual forums?

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I am probably the only person in the world not on Facebook.:highfive:
Oh, so you are the other one who's not on FB except me.

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
I have been to woodshed but i was a really really bad boy:o:o:huh:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Been there, done that but still breathing! Think we have to be kept in line to keep the Avenue the great place it is.:D

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
In order to initiate a post, (and this took me a while to figure out myself), you have to go to the main Fourm directory and pick one of the topics; like if you are posting about a cockatiel, go to the cockatiel forum, etc. When you call up the menu on the general forum, you will see a blue button that indicates you want to initiate a thread. Click on it and it gives you a blank thread form to fill out. My biggest problem is finding where to place the thread as I have huge interests in bird evolution and scientific breakthroughs on bird intelligence, culture and behavior. If the article I am sighting is about a parrot species, no problem, but if it is about evolution, where does it go? Sometimes I just take a stab at a general forum heading and post it, figuring they can move it if they wish.

This forum as got to be the most friendly, knowledgable and well monitored forum on the web for birds; and I would not hestitate to say for cats as well. Most other forums are very hostitle to new members and the 'favored' people get away with putdowns toward new members that would not be tolerated on AA. I wish I could find a cat forum and nice as AA. The one I am on now has a clique that is vicious! But they do have great info on it and the moderator is not too bad; a little salty and high a mighty, but OK.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Kind of random (or maybe not so much) but apparently I've been taken to the woodshed and didn't know it. It's not so bad. :marievacuums:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I knew there had to be more of us out there! :highfive: I may have you both beat though, I don't even have a cell phone.:o:
:hehe:
I don't have FB, or a cell phone! :highfive:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Ditto to above:D I have been on Facebook but it was an eye opener and could be not very nice at times, so to stop family arguements I took myself off not to get into the middle of it all. I will stay on AA and enjoy being amongst my gentler friends thank you very much.:D
Have a mobile phone for emergencies but spend more time recharging the batteries than using it!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I have a FB page but have no photo, minimal info on it and really only use it to catch up on the grandkids photos and doings. Family in England also use it to keep in touch and let us know what my niece & nephew on my side of the family are up to.

As for a cell phone, my hubby & sons are thoroughly disgusted that I only use my phone as a phone and still prefer using a "landline". I seem to remember a "landline" as being something that ships had not homes ... but that will date me waaaaay back to dinosaurs I believe. :yoda:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Then I am a dinosaur along with you, Sandra. I don't want an Iphone or one of those 'pads'. If I am going to use a computer, I will use my lap top or my, GASP, desktop computer. The only thing I do on my cell phone is call people in an emergency or be called in an emergency on the phone. Yep, I am a dino!

Status
Not open for further replies.