• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's the point of being in AA when you are alone?

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
I am guilty of NOT telling Sam to leave the fan alone. When I was reading that thread I could forsee a disaster in the making.
Wish I had been wrong then. Hope I am wrong now.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I'm so sorry for your loss of your babies.
They fly into our hearts, and leave feather dust on our souls... forever....

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
Thanks,the only comfort I have now is probably this profile picture,I guess.I still live at my house,since the bedroom close to the balcony isn't that badly burnt.Don't bother about my family,they'll probably be throwing stones at me sooner or later.Right now I'm using a library computer at my school since my laptop is burnt.
The other comfort could be the remaining birb feed at the balcony and the steel cages of Crown,Umbrella,Johnson and Star.And Johnson was just starting to be a sweetheart!He took cuddles!
There is no rescues here since Singapore is small and the birds(especially big birds) here are little and as I said in another post before,people could sell birds that needed help because people would buy them for the 'glory of owning an exotic...(which I find depressing)'
I just made a one year membership to Jurong Bird Park yesterday and though I still couldn't find a soulmate,good enough for now,I suppose.Thanks for your support.Still chillin'.Eh.But I'll be off until I find another birb.
And for those who asked. samchan153@gmail.com

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
You're not alone. You're surrounded by friends here. It's not an exclusive club where you have to have a parrot to belong. And belong you do.
Please, stick around Sam. Take a break if you feel you need it, but do come back.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Thanks,the only comfort I have now is probably this profile picture,I guess.I still live at my house,since the bedroom close to the balcony isn't that badly burnt.Don't bother about my family,they'll probably be throwing stones at me sooner or later.Right now I'm using a library computer at my school since my laptop is burnt.
The other comfort could be the remaining birb feed at the balcony and the steel cages of Crown,Umbrella,Johnson and Star.And Johnson was just starting to be a sweetheart!He took cuddles!
There is no rescues here since Singapore is small and the birds(especially big birds) here are little and as I said in another post before,people could sell birds that needed help because people would buy them for the 'glory of owning an exotic...(which I find depressing)'
I just made a one year membership to Jurong Bird Park yesterday and though I still couldn't find a soulmate,good enough for now,I suppose.Thanks for your support.Still chillin'.Eh.But I'll be off until I find another birb.
And for those who asked. samchan153@gmail.com
Ah. So glad you're ok! Yes please stick around, everyone here would like to know how your doing. Glad you joined the bird park, we don't have anything like that in my area! Give yourself time and take care of you. :bluhug:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hang in there. We care.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
That is so heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your loss. If and when the time comes, the right bird will come into your life. It won't replace the hole that your babies left but will help.

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Does anyone have his email or number?
If you pm him, he will receive an email with a copy of the message
Edit: just saw he gave his email.

So sorry, Sam. I know it hurts, but try not to blame yourself. These things happen. Thankfully, you’re okay.

Gazimon

Sam, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I saw this thread sooner.

If you need a listening ear over milo, teh or kopi, or you would like to go Jurong Bird Park together sometime, feel free to private message me also.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Thanks,and @Gazimon ,I'll be at Yishun Pets Maniac on Sundays from 12pm-2pm.Sometimes at Goodwill on Sundays but usually Maniac.If you see this guy with red flip flops,glasses and a black watch on the left hand,that's me.
Also on National Day,next Friday,at the block behind Pets Maniac,there will be a gathering featuring a Black Palm Cockatoo from 9am-12pm.You better come to see him for yourself!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I saw a black palm recently. Beautiful little guy, very friendly.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
That gathering will be the first time I'll see a Palm up close and personal because I saw some at the Jurong Bird Park and even some actual Black Roo-Tailed Cockatoos,more commonly known as the Black Too' but often mistaken as the Palm Too' due to common name.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
So sorry for the tragic loss of your Avian companions. You must be numb from the shock of losing them that way. Life can be so very unfair.
My deepest condolences'. :darkcloud::sad1::sadhug:

Gazimon

Also on National Day,next Friday,at the block behind Pets Maniac,there will be a gathering featuring a Black Palm Cockatoo from 9am-12pm.You better come to see him for yourself!
Oooh! I haven't been to Yishun Pets Maniac before. Thanks for the info!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
You're not alone. You're surrounded by friends here. It's not an exclusive club where you have to have a parrot to belong. And belong you do.
Please, stick around Sam. Take a break if you feel you need it, but do come back.
I no longer have any birds but I am a member of the club I am so sorry for your loss