• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's the best cleaner on carpet?

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
i have a very small, 4lb dog that has bladder issues and sometimes can't hold it until I get home for lunch. I usually have the door shut to keep them from getting in the rooms with carpet and one with a rug (only two rooms) but my son didn't shut his gate and someone left the other door open. I have tried vinegar and water (which is what I usually use) but for some reason it's not working! What else will work on carpet and get out the smell that's safe? I know most people love F10 but will it get smells out?!?

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
There a product called "Nature's Miracle" that works really really well. It will help with the smell :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yes F10 does get rid of any smell and does a good job on stains as well.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
For a smelly stain, I saturate the area with vinegar, sprinkle with baking soda generously, let dry, then vacuum. Sometimes takes a couple days if it's really big spot.

For a stain that doesn't respond to that, you can iron it out:

Iron Out Stubborn Carpet Stains - All Kleen Carpet Cleaning

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Yes F10 does get rid of any smell and does a good job on stains as well.
How would F10 work on cat urine after Oxyfresh has already been used on it? My daughter has 2 cats that have messed the carpet and last night I was over and the area where they have tried cleaning it is about 4 x3 ft!

I feel some for the cats, they are now in the basement and my daughter and SIL are on the verge of getting rid of them. I am not a cat person, any suggestions? Only thing I know is you have to replace the carpet and at this point, that is not an option even.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How would F10 work on cat urine after Oxyfresh has already been used on it? My daughter has 2 cats that have messed the carpet and last night I was over and the area where they have tried cleaning it is about 4 x3 ft!

I feel some for the cats, they are now in the basement and my daughter and SIL are on the verge of getting rid of them. I am not a cat person, any suggestions? Only thing I know is you have to replace the carpet and at this point, that is not an option even.

For cat urine I use clear the air

Clear The Air Odor Eliminator, Odor Removal | Earth Care Products

Works amazing!