1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's the best cleaner on carpet?

Discussion in 'Safety Avenue' started by alshgs, 4/20/17.

1. alshgs

alshgs Rollerblading along the road

i have a very small, 4lb dog that has bladder issues and sometimes can't hold it until I get home for lunch. I usually have the door shut to keep them from getting in the rooms with carpet and one with a rug (only two rooms) but my son didn't shut his gate and someone left the other door open. I have tried vinegar and water (which is what I usually use) but for some reason it's not working! What else will work on carpet and get out the smell that's safe? I know most people love F10 but will it get smells out?!?

2. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Sarah
    There a product called "Nature's Miracle" that works really really well. It will help with the smell :)

Animallover03 likes this.
  3. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    Yes F10 does get rid of any smell and does a good job on stains as well.

4. Mizzely

Mizzely Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Shawna
    For a smelly stain, I saturate the area with vinegar, sprinkle with baking soda generously, let dry, then vacuum. Sometimes takes a couple days if it's really big spot.

For a stain that doesn't respond to that, you can iron it out:

Iron Out Stubborn Carpet Stains - All Kleen Carpet Cleaning

5. Macaw Lover

Macaw Lover Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Renee'
    How would F10 work on cat urine after Oxyfresh has already been used on it? My daughter has 2 cats that have messed the carpet and last night I was over and the area where they have tried cleaning it is about 4 x3 ft!

I feel some for the cats, they are now in the basement and my daughter and SIL are on the verge of getting rid of them. I am not a cat person, any suggestions? Only thing I know is you have to replace the carpet and at this point, that is not an option even.

6. Mizzely

Mizzely Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Shawna

For cat urine I use clear the air

Clear The Air Odor Eliminator, Odor Removal | Earth Care Products

Works amazing!

Macaw Lover likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)