• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's my cockatiels gender?

What's my cockatiels gender?

• Male

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Selma

Moving in
Real Name
Sonnur
MVIMG_20190602_122259.jpg MVIMG_20190702_200741.jpg I don't know my cockatiels gender, I know the yellow head is male but the gray with the white head is a mix? She/he has pattered feathers and is about two years old, no more feathers are falling out but they have some patterned feathers on its stomach, also she/he likes to sing ALOT like every second and also screams, Hana is her name, she's very noisy but the male Gümüş isnt? He doesn't sing or scream if he does it's like once a week, Hana is much more loud and she/he likes to show off their feathers while Gümüş doesn't. They both back their buts against the cage and I don't know if this is helpful but Hana likes to go in dark areas. They preen each other,I sometimes argue, but Hana always ALWAYS follows Gümüş any where without him she goes insane he doesn't until he can't see her that's when he goes crazy. She also likes too hop? It's cute but lol I've never seen a bird hop, soemtimes Gümüş learns from Hana and does these wierd things too. If need anymore info please ask, thank you.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. Your birds are very cute. I believe the one to the left is a white-faced pied. Normally, white-faceds can be visually sexed but I think since I see some pied it may not be able to do so. And the one on the right is also a pied- hard to visually sex. I am actually thinking "Hana" may be a boy. I'll tag some other people.

@Monica ? @Tiel Feathers ?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Your tiels are gorgeous!:heart: I’m sorry, I’m not sure either but I’m thinking he’s a boy. I’m sure Monica will know!:)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I also think your white faced pied is a male. What do the tail feathers look like on the underside? My male originally had barring on the underside but when he went through his first molt the new tail feathers that came in are solid colored.
They are both very cute.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Both are indeed males! Hana is probably split pied. I would actually bet that Gümüş is a pearl male.

Based on your description of Gümüş, I would recommend taking him in to a vet for fecal and blood work as he doesn't sound like he's feeling well at all.

Selma

Moving in
Real Name
Sonnur
MVIMG_20190717_215918.jpg ok thank you so much, if I'm able to get under the feathers I'll post another reply but here's Hana's stomach, it has these patterned feathers and Hana does have full white feathers too if that's helpful

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
A good spread of those tail feathers would indicate either way for the pearl mutation! :)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Everything still points to Hana being male! If female, his face would be grey.

Nighthawk0123

Strolling the yard
Definitely a beautiful MALE you have there!

She also likes too hop?
So Kaz isn't the only bunnytiel! Anytime he wants to start a chirping session, he'll start hopping from place to place. Absolutely adorable!

Selma

Moving in
Real Name
Sonnur
Haha thank you Gümüş learned to hop from Hana it was pretty cute and funny

Ashtyn Mccoy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashtyn Mccoy
View attachment 309934 View attachment 309935 I don't know my cockatiels gender, I know the yellow head is male but the gray with the white head is a mix? She/he has pattered feathers and is about two years old, no more feathers are falling out but they have some patterned feathers on its stomach, also she/he likes to sing ALOT like every second and also screams, Hana is her name, she's very noisy but the male Gümüş isnt? He doesn't sing or scream if he does it's like once a week, Hana is much more loud and she/he likes to show off their feathers while Gümüş doesn't. They both back their buts against the cage and I don't know if this is helpful but Hana likes to go in dark areas. They preen each other,I sometimes argue, but Hana always ALWAYS follows Gümüş any where without him she goes insane he doesn't until he can't see her that's when he goes crazy. She also likes too hop? It's cute but lol I've never seen a bird hop, soemtimes Gümüş learns from Hana and does these wierd things too. If need anymore info please ask, thank you.
the one with a white face is a boy