1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what's a good dryer to buy?

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by saroj12, 10/7/11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran WPR/LLL Donor I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    Ours just conked out!

2. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran WPR/LLL Donor Shutterbugs' Best

John
    A really expensive one!!! :D

Gas or electric??

3. kcbee

kcbee Animal Lover Celebirdy of the Month

Kacy
    I have a frontload GE - love it!

I've heard really good things about the brand Kenmore.

4. penguin

penguin Rollerblading along the road

I have a Samsung front load steam washer/dryer set. We got them pretty cheap because we happened to close on our home close to black Friday. I love my washer & dryer. The dryer has a "my cycle" setting that you can program to what you use the most.

5. iluvsunconure

iluvsunconure Rollerblading along the road

Raymond :]
    We used to have a Kenmore and now we have a...... Whirlpool? I'm not sure. But we've been using the newer one for about 8ish years and it's still going strong! :highfive:

6. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

carole
  7. crystaljam

crystaljam Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Crystal
    We got the Whirlpool Duet front loader...so far I do like them - the cycles are a lot less time than our LG front loaders were (and they weren't even 3 years old when we moved), and it has a great wrinkle release option (for those who forget to take clothes out of the dryer right away). If I'm sitting here after the dryer has gone off, every 15 minutes it will spin the dryer for a minute and stop - I assume that's another wrinkle free feature :)

1 person likes this.
  8. birdlady

birdlady Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Leslie
    I have no idea...both our washer and dryer are about 11 + years old and still going, so we have not even looked around yet. I do know I want front loaders though. We have had luck with kenmore appliances in the past.

9. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran WPR/LLL Donor I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    thanks all! We got an LG dryer and a washer too since it was getting pretty old too. So nice shiny spiffy laundry room!:D

1 person likes this.
  10. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

carole
  11. ShirleyBird

ShirleyBird Jogging around the block

Cimber
    I agree with crystal...we have a duet and they rock! They have great a warranty, with extended available. Had ours for 5 yrs now and with 6 ppl + pets I do 4 loads EVERYDAY. Never had dryer serviced yet only washer and it was my fault( long story.lol).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)