• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what was the first words your parrot said?

fauxbird

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Suzanne Handel
dragon the rock pebbler just started talking thanksgiving morning i got to hear whatcha doing about a dozen times he sounds like one of the chipmunks,i thought he was going to talk soon as i kept hearing him making sounds like he was trying to say something,thats one thing i say every day and i have been saying hello and when he flaps his wings i say where you going baby so i hope he will pick up some more(had to warn hubby to watch what he says and what he puts on the living room tv now :rolleyes:

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
I think his first word was actually a phrase 'I love you'. He uses it when he's trying to suck up when he's upset me. Usually so he can get close enough to nip me again! :)

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
Step up and hello :)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
The first and only word Sunshine Senegal ever said is a tiny, whispered "Hello" about a year ago. None of my other birds talk except Emmie CAG and I didn't meet him till he was six years old (he is now 14).

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Female tiels do not talk...well tell that to Samantha who had us all fooled into thinking she was a male..after all she also did the talking, )"I'm a bad baby boy" were her first words along with whistling, a triple warble, imitating other birds and a mean Pepsi commercial) along with heart wings, strutting and beak rapping. So she was Sam the Helicopter Man until she laid an egg. sigh.

fauxbird

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Suzanne Handel
well she didn't read the book's ;)that's an on going orchid grower's joke,when we have a plant that's not in say ideal condition's and grow's and bloom's well,or a plant that bloom's in a season it's not supposed to we say well it didn't read the book's :)

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm trying to teach Bridgie how to say: ''Worship the Nitrogen Cycle!!''
No progress...yet. :D

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Hello

It scared me. I live alone. I walked by Max on his stand. I was half awake and looking in my closet for something to wear and I heard this hello behind me. :huh: I turned and Max leaned toward me and said hello again. :p

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Too many birds to remember all of their first words :D but I remember that red-bellied parrot Sophie's first word was "Hollie" the name of the dog (sadly no longer with us). Very much surprised me because she was only 10 weeks old when she said it.

Sparrow Spee's first word (another surprise) was his name, "Spee".

Dusky conure Jaden's first word was his name, followed shortly thereafter by "grandmama". He loved my mom. :)

Last edited:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Female tiels do not talk...well tell that to Samantha who had us all fooled into thinking she was a male..after all she also did the talking, )"I'm a bad baby boy" were her first words along with whistling, a triple warble, imitating other birds and a mean Pepsi commercial) along with heart wings, strutting and beak rapping. So she was Sam the Helicopter Man until she laid an egg. sigh.
So she's a tomboy!

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Great story! Reminds me of a certain bird named Ebenhard!

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Right after I got Bella, I was staying with friends in Burbank. I had purchased her there. She lived on a playstand until we got back to Oregon. So I was lying in bed, just waking up. She looked right at me and said "Hellllooooo" died laughing. And was so impressed!

fauxbird

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Suzanne Handel
well that's ok,i was just interested in what first word's and or sentence's poeple's birds started out with,and see out of the norm we have a female cockatiel that talks it's like i had heard that greencheek conure's don't talk?now im sure i will hear they can,now i had read from a breeder that parent raised rock pebbler's use their foot but hand fed do not,as for dragon he does not but i have watched him hold thing's down with his right foot so i wonder if he watched other parrot's use their foot could he learn to ahh theory at work :D

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Yoshi and Beaker were already 5 & 2-3 when I got them. The parakeets aren't talking yet, but it sounds like Doozer is trying to say "I love you" right now. I think I hear it in his chatter once in a while. Waiting to see if Cookie is going to talk and what her phrase will be. It could be anything since I'm always chatting away to them.