• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What type is my lovebird?

Lovebird_Bubba

Checking out the neighborhood
I know their are different types of lovebirds, like peach-faced, fischers, etc and I was wondering what kind was mine. Couldn't get a picture so their is a video of him.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It are not different types but different species:) I think he is a Fischers lovebird.

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
I he's an eye ring species, either a Fischer or Black Mask (otherwise known as personata lovebirds). I may be wrong, but he looks more like a Black Mask to me. It's very difficult to tell with color morphs, but I think Fischers generally have a smaller white collar than your guy has. Only my Masks have white chests like that. My Fischers also look a lot daintier than your bird. His feathers on his wings also reminds me more of my Masks than my Fischers, as they have entirely different feather structures. My Fischers have smoother looking feathers on their wings.

Is he banded? That might help you find hos breeder and what species he is.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
He's beautiful.........looks like some kind of color morph of an eye ring species. My Fischer's are much smaller than the Peach Face variety. I really love my Fischer's.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I'm still leaning towards him being a mask myself. 20180508_143318.jpg
The body, markings and feathers look a lot like Krem and Triss do.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Not sure why you think it's a Blackmasked Lovebird Garet? There's absolutely NO Blackmask on that bird at all. lol Granted, if the video is pre juvenile molt, there's a very small possibility that the face might darken, but not likely.
There's a reason they call them "Blackmasked"...they have a Black face. :lol:

MR. FRODO

Lovebird_Bubba

Checking out the neighborhood
Thanks for letting me know. Also will his color change at all? Or will he just get brighter?