• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What type cage for RB2?

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I’m getting a baby RB2 and wanted to buy either a dome top or play top cage. The cage I was looking at was the Avian Adventures grande 42x30. Dome top 60” tall interior measurement, or the 48” play top. I wanted to ask if anyone has either of these and if so do they like it ? Which type cage do you recommend ? I will be making a 4-5 foot manzanita tree stand to move around the house , plus a tall training stand for clicker training lessons. I’m very excited !

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I have the avian adventures play top for Newt. He likes to hang out on top and his pals come over to visit there.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
How big is your cage ? Is your sweetie a RB2 also?

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
How big is your cage ? Is your sweetie a RB2 also?
I have the Chiquita. Newt's a Galah, RB2. His cage door is never closed. The crew have their own bedroom. It's one big playroom basically. He sleeps on top, eats inside (when he's not eating someone else's food), gets treats in the cup on the top, and jumps around and chews up the toys I hang from the tall hook at the top of the cage. It is perfect for him! He was in a bigger Preview cage, but when this pretty cage arrived, he moved in as soon as he saw it. Not sure why he was so taken with it, but he let everyone know it was all his!

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
He sounds so happy!i hope my new baby loves his cage too!

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
It’s beautiful! Lucky bird!