• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What to get for a cage replacement? please help

Colbon2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
I got my Linnie a King's cage last week. JosienBB said the quality wasn't good on the specific King's in your link. My choice was from the superior line, so maybe there is a difference in quality to consider. Or maybe they have improved since the purchase 5 years ago. I called King's and ordered it directly from them. They met the Amazon price. I received it 2 days later. Quality is awesome, packed securely, no chips or bent bars. Took about 2 hours to put together with my hub and everything lined up. I can't recommend them any higher. The one I bought is for a smaller bird (SLF2818) but I wanted to share my experience and the quality. It's very similar to the California Cage I had decades ago. I think it's a lifetime cage. I love the AA Loro cage too but it's too big for my little girl.

As far as play gyms go, I prefer a separate one but I understand the space considerations.

Thanks, yeah... I would hope things would be different regarding quality as if there are that many defects I would be very angry with the company. I think I will still hold onto my play stand for when I move into a house but for now space is a huge factor...

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki

The Loro has 1/2 inch bar spacing but I realize you are looking for a cage that has a play top. I probably wouldn't put my Dusky in a Chiquita but it was on your list so thought I would let you know that the ones I've received have generally been OK.

What type of bird do you have in yours? also do you have a picture of your cage? Thanks :D

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Last edited:

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Thank you everyone for all your assistance! Everyone here is a great help!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks, Nice set up! how is the white colour cage?

It's pearl white with a little bit of texture. Does show more dirt than a darker colored cage but, of course, that can be cleaned.
There are more perches and toys in it now. It's very spacious, IMO. The door is a bit small and that is an issue for some but I don't have any problems with that. I like that it has a shelf on the bottom for storing things.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
It's pearl white with a little bit of texture. Does show more dirt than a darker colored cage but, of course, that can be cleaned.
There are more perches and toys in it now. It's very spacious, IMO. The door is a bit small and that is an issue for some but I don't have any problems with that. I like that it has a shelf on the bottom for storing things.

ahhh yeah I've been thinking about the next cage option being a white one as I've never had white but I am unsure. I used to have two platinum A&E flight cages I had a regular one and a double stack one, I sold these to a Breeder. Then I also have the A&E Victorian cage shown above.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have some smaller white cages and never wanted a big white cage but then I wanted the Loro and that was the only color choice for it. I really don't mind the white at all. I also now have two white Chiquita cages and they look good. I'm glad I purchased the white Chiquitas because I have a few platinum Medianas and grey/black Marvelous cages in that room and if I had purchased more platinum ones the room would have looked too dark.
I have an A&E platinum 3223 play top which remains bird-less because I am not a big fan of it and sort of wish I hadn't purchased it. It is being used for storing bird toys and toy parts right now. I am considering moving BE2 Cody into it but I don't know. I had planned to give it to Scully because I want to upgrade his current cage but decided it wasn't going to work for him.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
I have some smaller white cages and never wanted a big white cage but then I wanted the Loro and that was the only color choice for it. I really don't mind the white at all. I also now have two white Chiquita cages and they look good. I'm glad I purchased the white Chiquitas because I have a few platinum Medianas and grey/black Marvelous cages in that room and if I had purchased more platinum ones the room would have looked too dark.
I have an A&E platinum 3223 play top which remains bird-less because I am not a big fan of it and sort of wish I hadn't purchased it. It is being used for storing bird toys and toy parts right now. I am considering moving BE2 Cody into it but I don't know. I had planned to give it to Scully because I want to upgrade his current cage but decided it wasn't going to work for him.

Are your Chiquita cages also on that same forum page to view? ahhh yeah that's the thing I've really been looking... because I kinda want this to be the final cage. I do like my current cage I just think a Play top will be a little more beneficial and space saving. So I am looking for one wide enough, that will have appropriate bar spacing although now that @JosienBB say's the 3/4 should work that brings that cage back into the mix. I don't like most of the play tops as they are really tall and not wide. I loved my flight cages, but I am looking for something different lol I am so bad at making decisions. This is why I ask for opinions.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have red-bellied parrots in Chiquitas and they are stockier than your conure.
lucy 1.jpg
ricky1.jpg

roswell 6016a.jpg

This was the initial set up of the cages and there are more toys and perches/platforms inside each one now. The ruby is my favorite color but they are no longer manufacturing that.

You can easily create a play top with the Loro or put a play area on top of the flat surface.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Update: I looked around quite a bit at all your suggestions, but I will hold off on getting a new cage for a bit longer. Thanks everyone! also might be looking at getting a house so there maybe more room for more options later on. :D