• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What things can your poi say? (noises count too!)

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
My George, a 9 year old male Senegal can say these things and sounds:

Whistles, about 20 different whistle patterns, including the washing machine power on beeps and microwave beeps, which he uses to communicate which room he wants to be in or if he wants warm food

immitating laughter (Hahahahahaaaaaaa)

Loud fart and burping noises usually followed by laughter

kissing sounds when he wants kisses

the sound of a nut cracking (when he wants an almond or walnut)

"Hi George"

"Georgie georgie georgie"

"Whatcha doin?"

"Step up"

"Aaawwwwww :(" (when someone leaves the room he's in)

"aaaaaaaahhhhhhh" (a frustrated sound when he's frustrated)

--------------------------

What does your poi say?

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Toby can Whistle.... Dun know how to explain it...Its like when boys Whistle on a Good looking Girl...Jack my Caique Loves to Whistle...And when he does, it means he want Candy or scritches

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Jason says "never more " (sorry I am a little warped). Hi, whatcha doin, good bird, pretty bird, wolf whistle followed by you're pretty, a cat's meow, Jason's a kitty followed by maniacal laughter, Jason's pretty, scratch, Wheeee clown bird, spread your wings, Jason's a clown, Giuseppe (one of my other birds), step up. And a ton more that I can't remember right now.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Funny thing. Jason is my best and clearest talker. Andre my BH Pi says maybe a dozen phrases. Same with Russell my RB Boogertoo. Giuseppe my Hanhs Mccaw only says a few phrases. My cockatiels just chirp.

jujube1209

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Julie
Griffin (Cape) will be 7 months old on 8/1, and he says Good Boy, Peek A Boo, Go Poop, Tickle Tickle...squeaks like a dog squeak toy (my favorite!), knocks, whistles, laughs, does all of my other birds' noises, does the noise for text messages on my phone, beeps like our security system....

I hope he's just getting started!

Shastasmom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sally
Zoey my Cape turned 2 in January. She talks in a very clear voice and adds more words each day it seems. A few of her favorites are: "Good Morning!", "Step-up", "C'mere" "What's that?" "Whatcha doing?" Hi Zoey", "Nigh-Night", "No! Stop That!!", "Quit that", "Be Quiet", "Good girl!", "Good Boy!", "Bad Cough! (she will imitate my cough and then follow with the words), "Hi Guys!", "Hey!" "Watch it!" "Hello Sweetheart" "Love you! (followed by kissy noises)" "Mama's baby", "Apple?", "You be nice!" "What a good, good girl" "Zoey good girl", to name a few. She also coughs, sneezes then says "bless you", will imitate many sounds including the smoke alarm battery (not fun), water dripping from faucet, and microwave beeping. She is a chatterbox for sure.

Winston, my male Cape, just turned 2 in June. He was not handled much in the past year or so, and is not a great talker but has added a few words since he got here in February. He says "Hi Winston!", "Good boy!", "No!!", "Winston!", "What?", "Really?" and he makes kissy sounds. I think now that he is settled in and has his routine and is caged next to Zoey he will begin picking up more words.