• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What should I do?

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Recently my order of three 24" by 14" seagrass mats came. At first my plan was to attach them to my wall. Then I changed my mind and decided I wanted to create a PVC pipe stand to attach them to. Now, guess what? I'm kind of changing my mind again, of course! Now I'm starting to think of my original plan: attaching it to the wall. So I'm kind of stuck on what to do. The main reason I started thinking about my first plan again was because these mats are a lot flimsier than I thought they'd be; I'm not sure how well the PVC stand would hold it and how well the seagrass mats would stay up. It would be annoying to buy the PVC pipe and make the stand only to find out it doesn't work. Attaching it to the wall, I feel, would make it sturdier.

But then there's the problem of having to move the seagrass mat climbing area. I mean, right now I don't have my own room really. My sister is 19 years old, my brother now 17. What would happen if they were to move out and I were to move in to one of their rooms? I would have to take the mats off the wall, worst case. But it's still something to think about, you know?

IF I were to attach the mats to the wall instead, I could just make another large playstand for them, as well. I just don't know what to do, though. Both have their big pros and cons!

I know @TikiMyn, you have seagrass mats up on the wall, right? How well does that work? Do you think a PVC stand would be better, or what? Any opinions/advice from all of you guys here on AA would be greatly appreciated! :)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is a dillema for sure! I have a seagrass and a cardboard net on the wall, there were already holes in there so I just shoved hooks in them. I have the seagrass Mat hanging from two hooks, it is pretty sturdy and doesn’t fall of or anything. The cardboard mat I have attached with masking tape:embarassed:

I really don’t know what would be better. I think you could make the Pvs stand pretty sturdy, when my seagrass mat came in I didn’t have hooks ready and as I was home anyway I used two screws. I screwed them all the way in the wall untill there was just enough room to hang the mat from them. Worked without any problems! The thing is though with the pvs there is no wall behind it, that makes it less sturdy I think.
I don’t remember if you were already planning on the lower ‘branch’, that could make it pretty sturdy I think:
image.jpg
(Sorry for the quality of the drawing:lol:)

If your parents aren’t too keen kn drilling holes specifically for those mats, you could pit shelves on the wall. I have two shelves that already had hooks on them, so I use those hooks to hang things like this:
EBAA3F27-8BB8-4403-8303-24E93CA2CDD9.jpeg
If you out the hooks further near the wall, you could easily hang those mats from them I think, and you would have an extra play area on the shelves:D