• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What she does when I come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
How wonderful to be so loved! :heart2: The bond y'all share is obvious! :yes1: Nothing compares to a pionus with total trust. :heart:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awe, sweet. Buddy & I do this too, he does tweak my ears off & on usually to stop me from something like yellin or to really get my attention. It's always just hard enough to hurt badly but not to break skin. I feel like sometimes I'm getting to complacent with him. Am I? I've seen people bites on here, that's why I ask.

:grouphug2: Rain

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
She just giving back the love one way she knows how. Nerd would gently nibble my fingers, my eye lids and eye brows, grab my fingers to put them where he wanted scritches and would allow me to pick him up one handed or flip him over. Lurch wasn't quite there yet safely and Dobby only has eyes for sister but he's gentle with everyone. Enjoy the trust and love but I know you've earned it before with all your fids :heart:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ahhhhh, pionus love - there's nothing quite like it! Leia preens me too

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:heart::heart::heart:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Words can't describe how much I love her, my sweet Eliy! ♥
That was not right to say so. Correct is:
Words can't describe how much I love them, my sweet girls! ♥
How wonderful to be so loved! :heart2: The bond y'all share is obvious! :yes1: Nothing compares to a pionus with total trust. :heart:
Thank you! ♥
So sweet! I have had one of my ears tweaked hard by a pionus... it hurt and burned for three hours after!!!
Thank you! ♥
Me too! It was Eloy and that ear hurt for days! So much so I created a thread asking for ears protection. LoL!
Thank you! ♥
Awe, sweet. Buddy & I do this too, he does tweak my ears off & on usually to stop me from something like yellin or to really get my attention. It's always just hard enough to hurt badly but not to break skin. I feel like sometimes I'm getting to complacent with him. Am I? I've seen people bites on here, that's why I ask.

:grouphug2: Rain
Thank you! ♥
For some strange reason they just know how sensitive our ears are and like you, mine also use my ears when they want something.
Eliy is the worst, she bite my ear to start a beak wrestle with me. And she don't bite hard, but it still hurts.

I so look forward to Sherman's trust. It must be wonderful! Y'all are so lucky!!!
Just wait, once you have their trust they are so loving. ♥♥♥
Awww what a sweetheart:heart: :swoon::heart:
Thank you! ♥
She just giving back the love one way she knows how. Nerd would gently nibble my fingers, my eye lids and eye brows, grab my fingers to put them where he wanted scritches and would allow me to pick him up one handed or flip him over. Lurch wasn't quite there yet safely and Dobby only has eyes for sister but he's gentle with everyone. Enjoy the trust and love but I know you've earned it before with all your fids :heart:
Thank you! ♥
And here it is Akela that preen my face, it tickles a lot when she preen my eye lids. Eliy isn't allowed (yet) to preen my face.
Ahhhhh, pionus love - there's nothing quite like it! Leia preens me too
Thank you! ♥
They are so loving! ♥
Thank you! ♥
Thank you! ♥

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What a sweet picture of mutual trust ❤❤❤

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yeah... ear protection would be great but I don't think ear muffs would go over so well... :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just thought my Dad somehow got him to the hurt but not break the skin point. Since we got him, it's amazed me how gentle they can be! But if & when they want to be a poop head, how truly strong their beaks are. That's why I get nervous that I'm getting to complacent & I'll regret it in a bad way later.

:bighug: Rain

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwwww.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I don't think Nerd ever bit my ears, nibble and preen them for me of course. Now Lurch was a different story, once he started being trustworthy and thought the same for me I let him on my shoulder. It was a shock the first time he shrieked and nailed me in the neck as I thought we were doing great. I guess his way of complaining or asking for something was to nip and make noise so if something he wanted wasn't happening that was his go to response. He did slowly learn that didn't get his desired outcome and he lost shoulder privileges till we figured each other out and what he was trying to ask for.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Dartman

Terry, It's interesting to hear you say loose privileges in reference to birdy teaching. That's a human parent thing. I may sound kinda dumb here but I assumed (probably my 1st mistake :lol: ) that bird's don't understand this sort of teaching.

:hug2: Rain

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well he did understand that what he was doing wasn't working and I wanted to protect my neck and ears so he had to learn to play nice before he could be up there again. He used to love to pop on me when I got home and ride into the bathroom to hang out while I did my business and cleaned up a bit. Lurch would sit there for a few minutes then shriek and bite my neck. So I started not letting him come with me and if I did being very careful to try and watch for the bite. Eventually one day I put my arm down on the sink and he ran down to the running faucet and got drinks and played in the water, when he was done he ran back up my arm to my shoulder. After that I would do my thing then ask him if he wanted a drink and he'd run down and drink and play on the faucet, I'd ask him if he was done and he'd run back up to my shoulder. He never bit me in there again, he just didn't know the proper way to ask for a drink and I had no clue what he wanted till then. He learned that if he waited nicely he'd get his drink and play time and I learned what he was trying to ask me to let him do, we reached a understanding with each other.

flyingsowm

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
So happy for you and Eliy!

Status
Not open for further replies.