• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What pet species do you best identify with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cats and spiders. Cats will take attention on their terms. Spiders avoid humans. Yup, I'd say that's me.
I do not like dogs one bit, except for my dearly departed dachshund and my father's dearly departed German Shepards. They were well behaved and quiet.

Cephus

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Brian
I'm a dog person, always have been. My wife is a cat person. I like them all, but if I could only have one type of animal, it would definitately be dogs.

Onyxena

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Morgan
I am with you Terri! I am really not a dog person, I find most dogs to be pushy, aggressive, demanding,and annoying. However, I ADORE my 3 German Shepherds. If I couldn't have a shep, Iwouldn't even have a dog. I never really liked any dogs at all until I learned about these guys. Then I became very passionate about them. Now, 2 of my guys are from kill shelters and I have fostered for a rescue group! Still though, I barely even notice other dogs, and refuse to pet any other dog also. Cats I find much less offensive overall, I love their independence, friendliness and how they see nothing wrong with taking 3 hour naps in the afternoon.

I also really really love horses. I grew up with them and had my own horse for a while. . Someday I would absolutley love to have a horse in my life again. I don't even need to ride a horse, I find just being near them automatically puts me into a different mode.

But macaws have my heart! Nothing will ever take the place of a macaw or 3 in my life!

minirachie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rachel
Dogs all the way I have 3 and my recent adition ( well 2 year ago addition LOL) Goldie, IS MY BABY! And my protecter. She will attack anybody near me that is threatening me, will help me when in trouble, and will fall asleep in my arms like a baby. She is Pembroke Welsh Corgi so she has the looks to match, especially he puppy dog eyes, THEY KILL ME! ahahaha.
I still love ALL animals! ( Not insects/creatures ANIMALS hehehe)
I am a animal person, I am against cruelty but really my heart lies with the dogs :heart:

crazyanimal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I can't really pick one. I love them all and interact with them all in the same manner. I am also amazed with the wild animals and swear if I could walk into their environment and not get hurt, I would. LOL

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Birds are my #1. They have my heart and soul.But I do love all animals equally as 2nd. Birds, Spiders, reptiles, fish, animals that are misunderstood, I gravitate to.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have respect for all animals, affection for most, but love for only a few. Parrots, specifically, not just any birds, have my heart. :heart: Next, I love cats.

I like horses and dogs but don't feel the need to have a close personal relationship with one. If the right one came along, though, who's to say? The potential is there. :)

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
I am definitely a dog person and always have been. After moving to Jersey it has been hard for me since my dogs stayed home with my family. I can definitely see another dog coming into my life soon. The thing about dogs is they are there for you when you need them, no matter what. Birds can be that way sometimes but not always. Although I love my birds, I like knowing I have that unconditional love.

I also really love rats, despite my allergy to them. Hairless rats are one of my favorite pets. They are just incredible creatures.

KellyBelly

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kelly
OK, so I have read almost everyone's post and have seen this>>> ••••••s a couple times. I am totally lost as to what this might be.

I am def a dog lover. It is safe to say that there will always be a dog in my home until the day I die. I think mostly small to med size
is my preference, but I would take in any sight hound needing help. They all have a special place in my heart, especially seniors. They
are quiet, most are very well behaved, and I just love their temperment. If I had to choose only one type of pet to have the rest of my
life.... it would def be a dog. And since I love dogs so much it is hard for me to understand why anyone would not even like them at all....
but to each their own.

I used to have cats, and love them too. One of the cats we used to have was such a cuddle bug and would follow me around just
wanting attention all the time. He would sleep in my arm at night just like a baby. But having my girls I can not have a cat bcs they
would probably kill it. When it comes to spiders, and other insects, I am OK as long as they are outside... I wouldn't have any as a pet.
Same with any kind of rodent type animals. I am slightly afraid of them, although most of them are very cute to look at. Same with snakes,
I'm afraid of them. Recently I have become very interested in Tortoises. I was doing research for my mother bcs she wants one and they
seem like really great pets. I'm considering getting one in the future when DH is out of the Military.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Birds. Birds, birds! I found an injured sparrow at age six that accepted my care during its final hours. It hopped into my hands when I offered them and I've been madly in love with all things feathered ever since. I'm especially drawn towards birds that are sick, injured, or just in need of a little extra love.

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
Dogs and horses most def. i find that i understand the predetors a little better that the prey animals but i have been around horses since i was tiny so they come natural to me. don't get me wrong i LOVE my cats and birds but i find that i don't just get them.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm a Kishka person!:) Seriously, I used to love cats but now that I've lost all my cats but one and have gotten birds, I think I'm a bird person now and will not get any more cats after Haley passes...she's only 14 though and since all her "siblings" lived to 17 and 18, she'll probably be around for a while.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I love all animals (which is why I work at a pet store) :p

But I am definatly a horse, bird, and fish person. I like bigger dogs but it wouldn't be a huge deal not to have one (don't get me wrong I love my dog who is only 35lbs) then I don't really have a connection with cats (again to do love my cats but I'm saying I wouldn't care to not have cats when I move out)

Horses birds and fish will always be in my life :)
Plus I mean ralphie and I have atleast 20 more years to go (most likely many more)

Status
Not open for further replies.