• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what kind of toys do budgies like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
just a general question. i want to make some toys for my budgie cuz i dunno what they like and his cage is pretty bare for my liking.

also, is plastic chain link safe to put in his cage as a perch? he seems to like sitting on it on the playgym on the ceiling but would it be safe to leave in his cage?

any suggestions would be greatly accepted :) thanks

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
Mine seem to like anything they can destroy :) and swings. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I wouldnt put a plastic chain link chain in...they love mirrors....I have a couple of cork toys inthere ...dont put them over the food dishes..when chewed they go everywhere:hehe: I also have some ladders, a bucket with treats in ...swings, a toy made from popsicle sticks..just about any toy imaginable...

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
alright so no chain in. thanks. he seems to like it too lol but ill keep it on the playgym as theyre only out when im watching anyways. so hed be safe then...

so basically any toy ive made for the tiels should be fine for him too? he likes his swing but thats as far as i know so far.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
My budgie Charles looooves shreddables: seagrass is a huge favorite, as is paper, soft palm chains or vine toys, etc. He LOVES chewing on leather, and he will destroy soft woods like Cajeput bark, balsa wood, agave/kiote, etc. with sheer pleasure!

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Calypso loves anything she can destroy. The Confetti Surprise Jr. from Avian Antics, and the Medium Fireworks from Crystal's Bird Toys are her favorite. She also really likes the bird brush toy that (I think Planet Pleasures makes?). She also likes anything with paper that she can shred.

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
thanks for the suggestions i will make some of these toys for him

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Skyler used to play with everything (except shredders) until Holly joined him, now he will court her all day long. But he will press his cell phone and swing the skeet ball cause he thinks it will impress her (hasn't worked yet!). Oh and Skyler will also do whatever she's doing--so right now the two of them are chewing their long perches into tooth picks. Sigh.

christypooh402

Walking the driveway
I'm a pretty new budgie owner, but Matilda likes things she can chew. I've noticed that her favorites are the vine stars that are on a Christmas toy from True Love Aviary, and a vine ball and wicker basket that are on another toy she likes to chew. I've already made myself a mental note to put more stuff in there that she can chew. Puck is still settling in, so I'm not sure what he likes yet.

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Balsa wood!

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Mine like anything they can chew. They love Planet Pleasures Mini Pinatas. Toys that are stuffed with paper strips are fun for them as well. And Mirrors! Pretty much what everyone else said. :)

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
i discovered he really likes raffia toys lol. had one in my hand and he decided he wanted to chew it.

Fergie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Fergie
Remember the old style wooden spools "without the thread naturally" . . . he can play with them! I am so grateful that I safe kept my mom & grandmothers sewing basket!

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Yes anything they can destroy and anything shiny. The colored clear beads mine really love and the little pacifiers too.

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
i made a few toys today for the 3 of them....

heres tsuka's

toby's

and dally's

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Great looking toys.

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
well all three have played with them and it makes me very happy that toby is playing with a bunch of stuff today and its helping me learn what things he likes

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
mine play with EVERYTHING...and its especially fun to watch them play with the hard plastic cat balls, they pick them up and run with them, and love the jingle bell sound they make.

Anneka

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
It is good to give a bird several different toys and observe him what he likes the best and how he plays with those toys. Then, based on your observations, you could make something for him.

BTW, plain cupcake liners are great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.