• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What kind of conure is this?

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
That is awesome! They do feel our energies..:) Perhaps that has something to do with it? My birds don’t scream normally, but if I am really stressed, they do. So do my ducks, they keep quacking and tending to their needs doesn’t help, they want me to leave lol:lol:
Ducks? You have ducks??

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so happy to hear this! It sounds like you had a great evening with her :D

Make sure you build her up to the travel cage gradually. The first time she enters, don't shut the door on her or anything. Just let her explore and work out that it's not a scary place.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
I'm so happy to hear this! It sounds like you had a great evening with her :D

Make sure you build her up to the travel cage gradually. The first time she enters, don't shut the door on her or anything. Just let her explore and work out that it's not a scary place.
I will do exactly as you describe!

By the way, I find the tagline under your post very sobering!!

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Here is Mango's current travel cage set up on the kitchen island. All she has to do is walk down the ladder from her cage onto the island, then walk a few feet to the travel cage.

I need to add some perches and bowls.

travelcage.png

I also just got a package in the mail from Amazon containing Oven Fresh Bites, and a platform perch for her main cage.

I try to take your advice!!! I hope Mango enjoys this!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ducks? You have ducks??
Yes!:) Two Indian runners, Pippin and Myn:xflove:
Pretty travel cage! So light, I hope that Will make her less afraid of it! Praying for succes with the OFB:fingerscrossed:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
By the way, I find the tagline under your post very sobering!!
It's from a children's book called "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. The little prince meets a fox and they have a discussion about what it means to be tamed:

"No," said the little prince. "I am looking for friends. What does that mean--'tame'?"
"It is an act too often neglected,"
said the fox. "It means to establish ties."
"'To establish ties'?"
"Just that,"
said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world . . ."

I love this because it is the fox who has a clear idea of what it means to be tamed, how one goes about it and who persuades the little prince to tame him. He teaches the little prince that taming brings both joy and responsibility. It reminds me about making friends with Leia - it was a negotiation and she definitely decided that she would be "tame" on her terms and at her pace rather than mine! And now she is not just another bird to me, and I am not just another human to her.

"But if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life. I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow. And then look: you see the grain-fields down yonder? I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad. But you have hair that is the color of gold. Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat . . ."

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Someone here had issues with OFBs from Amazon so check the pellets carefully. Hopefully nothing will be wrong with the pellets you received and Mango will enjoy them. '
BTW, which carrier is that?

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Someone here had issues with OFBs from Amazon so check the pellets carefully
Wow, when I read this I ran to her cage and pull them from her dish. She didn't interested in them anyway. Bummer.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
It's from a children's book called "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. The little prince meets a fox and they have a discussion about what it means to be tamed:

"No," said the little prince. "I am looking for friends. What does that mean--'tame'?"
"It is an act too often neglected,"
said the fox. "It means to establish ties."
"'To establish ties'?"
"Just that,"
said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world . . ."

I love this because it is the fox who has a clear idea of what it means to be tamed, how one goes about it and who persuades the little prince to tame him. He teaches the little prince that taming brings both joy and responsibility. It reminds me about making friends with Leia - it was a negotiation and she definitely decided that she would be "tame" on her terms and at her pace rather than mine! And now she is not just another bird to me, and I am not just another human to her.

"But if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life. I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow. And then look: you see the grain-fields down yonder? I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad. But you have hair that is the color of gold. Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat . . ."
This is beautiful. Thank you so much for telling me about it. I am going to pick up a copy for my Kindle.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, when I read this I ran to her cage and pull them from her dish. She didn't interested in them anyway. Bummer.
That person saw white fluffy looking stuff on theirs that appeared to be mold. If you didn't see that then they are probably fine. I feed them and haven't seen any mold issues. Just check them over carefully and also check the expiration date. I just ordered a few more bags from Drs. Foster and Smith. They are on sale right now and there is a coupon code for an additional 10% off SVGSEP10 which expires today at 11:59P CT. I don't remember which pellets you have tried but Harrisons and Roudybush are also on sale.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What do you do when she does that? You should mimic her and see how she responds. Doesn't look like a go-away dance to me. With go away and threatening behavior the feathers generally start to rough up and frill and they sometimes puff out a bit. She is such a pretty bird (or maybe that should be a handsome bird). Looks like she is getting a few new feathers in. I see some pins.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Doesn't look like a go-away dance to me.
She starts doing it any time that I look at her or approach her cage. If not "go-away," then what could it mean?????

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She starts doing it any time that I look at her or approach her cage. If not "go-away," then what could it mean?????
I'll see if I can get some videos of my rbs doing their weird dances. I know that theirs does not mean go away but generally means I want to play or come over and pay attention to me. Don't know if I can video them because when they see me with the camera they generally stop what they are doing and just want to come over and check out the camera. I wind up with close ups of them looking right into the lens. LOL I'll see if I can set up the Blink and record something.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
I'll see if I can get some videos of my rbs doing their weird dances. I know that theirs does not mean go away but generally means I want to play or come over and pay attention to me. Don't know if I can video them because when they see me with the camera they generally stop what they are doing and just want to come over and check out the camera. I wind up with close ups of them looking right into the lens. LOL I'll see if I can set up the Blink and record something.
I would love to see some videos of their dances! I hope you are able to get some.