• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is your favourite colour of Linnie?

Colbon2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
I love Linnie's, what is your favourite colour.

I have Lilo a Cobalt Blue Lineolated Parakeet.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I have been thinking about getting another and I have been looking at the yellow (Lutino) or the beautiful natural green.

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Since I've only seen a few colors in person, I think the Cobalt is my favorite, but mauve is a close second. The dark green is my second (but I would like to see a green and dk. green in person before I decide) I used to think that I didn't like Olive, but since seeing it in person, it really is a nice, deep, dark forest green not the brownish green that shows up on pictures.

So, I like the dark blues before the greens, but the colors before the inos (I don't really care for the inos...although I love my Pikachu) because I love the barring on their rumps and the spots on their butts....which is also why I am not too thrilled with the greywings either (but again, they might look better in person)

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love the turquoise Linnies :heart:

But I'd let them pick me and see if any of them were more social or less hand shy. I almost got a Lutino last year :) she was an absolute doll :heart:

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like creaminos and mauves. And also a lot of the lighter European colours lol

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmm, I think the one I fell in love with was a creamino now that it was mentioned :shy: I'm so silly :blink:

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
I actually like all the Linnie colours! it is so hard to pick :D my favorite is the yellow and green but honestly i love the creamino, dark factors or grey factors etc... they are all pretty :D

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Here this may help. Colors My fav color is the turquoise. It has always been my fav color for everything. Creaminos are the most expensive and hard to find. I was lucky to get Tango turquoise because this breeder strives for the green natural coloring. People are liking the blues more she says and does not want the greens to disappear.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here this may help. Colors My fav color is the turquoise. It has always been my fav color for everything. Creaminos are the most expensive and hard to find. I was lucky to get Tango turquoise because this breeder strives for the green natural coloring. People are liking the blues more she says and does not want the greens to disappear.
The genius of coloring in parrots makes my head spin :shocked4:

But it is super fascinating :xflove:

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Yeah almost all pairing should have a green in it if you do breed two mutations their offspring have to be bred to a solid green factor to strengthen their babies....

I ended up getting a Creamino so it ended up being a deal I could almost not pass up on... Most Creaminos here go for $300-$400 I got my baby for $160... at the bird show... he wanted a good home for her, and that is just what I will give her :D

lou5357

Moving in
I quite like to see the more unusual colours - just to see what amazing colours breeders produce is, for me, pretty awesome.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That's a great price. I would have jumped on the bird too. I paid $200 but my breeder normally charges $300 for a tamed Linnie.

wyrinth

Avenue Veteran
Wow, that's a lot of money for a little (short lived..relatively speaking ) bird. Near me, so many people sell birds that they are pretty cheap. For about two hundred you can get a medium parrot, like a blue Quaker, gcc, etc.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh but the Linnies are so worth it. There are not as many breeders as there are for other small birds. At least not yet.

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
My absolute favorite color mutation in linnies is the double factor greywing turquoise.

Ocean

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
I love the cobalt blue :) it's my favourite, Maui, is my sweet cobalt girlie, and my second favourite is tied with turquoise and natural green, like Tiki, she's the natural green colour. All Linnies are beautiful though :)

A lady down the road from me has 3 budgies, and she also has one Linnie, he's 14 years old :)

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sunflower:
Yeah almost all pairing should have a green in it if you do breed two mutations their offspring have to be bred to a solid green factor to strengthen their babies....

I ended up getting a Creamino so it ended up being a deal I could almost not pass up on... Most Creaminos here go for $300-$400 I got my baby for $160... at the bird show... he wanted a good home for her, and that is just what I will give her :D

Congrats, have you posted a pic? How is she?
I never saw a creamino but the blue & turq are very appealing.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
That's a great price. I would have jumped on the bird too. I paid $200 but my breeder normally charges $300 for a tamed Linnie.
See that's just the thing I have met up with my breeder on numerous occasions and I actively promote her, but when I was asking for another bird unfortunately she was offering no deal. I don't believe I had to receive a deal, but getting one over not getting one is what helped make my decision. I am a student and although I make sure I have the best of everything for all my animals it helps if I can pay less for them, but still get a quality bird. I really would have waited for my breeder as I wanted a yellow Lutino. The Creamino is such a nice compliment to my cobalt blue though.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
:sunflower:

Congrats, have you posted a pic? How is she?
I never saw a creamino but the blue & turq are very appealing.
I posted in another post her picture and name, she is also in my signature. If you want a picture I can still try and find one.