• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is your dream bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
If you could have (or already have) any bird what would it be and why? You can pick multiples if you would like! And also if you don't have them if you'd like to share why not feel free to do so.

I want.....
1. Rose Breasted Cockatoo -- Don't have one because I didn't know they existed until after I got ralphie and plus I told myself I didn't want a cockatoo yet

I want the rb2 because I love cockatoos and how cuddley they are plus I love pink so I figure this would be an amazing fit

2. Rainbow Lorikeet -- Don't have one because I didn't want to deal with the liquid food and the messy cage.....(almost bought one before I got ralphie)

I want this mainly because they are so purdy :)

3. Green Wing Macaw -- Don't have one because I wasn't ready for a big bird like that, they also still scare me with the fact they could probably take my finger off...

I want this because ever since I was a kid I wanted a macaw and I think they are just gorgeous

4. Black capped Caique -- Don't have one because I got ralphie instead

I want this because they are so big of clowns and ever one I have met has made me laugh!

Although my next bird will be in a few years it will probably be a rescue bird who really needs a home regaurdless of what kind it is.

What about you?

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
Dusky Pi - Coming on Thursday. :D
Goffins - can't have one, too dusty, needy & attention seeking & loud. LOL But man I wish I could!

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Favorites can change daily. I didn't like RB2s until pretty recently. I also never really wanted a caique. Thats why I posted vs. looking at old posts. Plus there are always new members.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
I have my dream babies :D I would love a Blue-throat Macaw, but don't think I can handle a Macaw along with a U2!:eek:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Anyone want to let her know what my dream bird is? :lol:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
My dream bird was a RB2. I got mine in May. If you want one because they are cuddly and pink you may want to rethink that. Russell will cuddle and get scritchs for about 5-6 minutes and then he is a HOLY TERROR. If he doesn't get his way he nips. If he still doesn't get his way he flies around the room and screams like a banshee. He ends up with at least 2-3 time outs (until he calms down) every time he is out of the cage. After a time out he will be cuddly again for a few minutes and then repeat. Don't get me wrong I love Russell. But he is a little booger. AND he is NOT a major cuddle bug.

NZ michael

Strolling the yard
Real Name
michael
Mine would be a hyacinth macaw but living in new zealand that isn't going to happen :sad6:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I agree, don't get an RB2 because you think they're cuddly. In some instances you might luck out but this is not a species that tends to want to cuddle like the white 'toos. They are goofy and have a ton of energy and like to cause chaos wherever they go. They are also THREE TIMES MORE LIKELY to become phobic as adults than their white counterparts. This species is not for the faint of heart and if you're going to get one, I highly suggest leaving it fully flighted to try to avoid the issues with phobic behaviors and obesity.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I would love love love to have an M2 or a BE2 but no way...however, I must say I have my dream birds right here already.

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
My dream bird was a RB2. I got mine in May. If you want one because they are cuddly and pink you may want to rethink that. Russell will cuddle and get scritchs for about 5-6 minutes and then he is a HOLY TERROR. If he doesn't get his way he nips. If he still doesn't get his way he flies around the room and screams like a banshee. He ends up with at least 2-3 time outs (until he calms down) every time he is out of the cage. After a time out he will be cuddly again for a few minutes and then repeat. Don't get me wrong I love Russell. But he is a little booger. AND he is NOT a major cuddle bug.
I agree, don't get an RB2 because you think they're cuddly. In some instances you might luck out but this is not a species that tends to want to cuddle like the white 'toos. They are goofy and have a ton of energy and like to cause chaos wherever they go. They are also THREE TIMES MORE LIKELY to become phobic as adults than their white counterparts. This species is not for the faint of heart and if you're going to get one, I highly suggest leaving it fully flighted to try to avoid the issues with phobic behaviors and obesity.
Glad to know this now, I still really like them regaurdless but I won't be looking into getting anything like it for atleast another year or so. For now I'll stick to my cuddlebug ralphie :p

I just really like toos regaurdless and they are my favorite by far.

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Hawkhead... they are gorgeous, and I love their fiery personality.

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
Very true...I think my dream bird changes regularly because I see so many fantastic birds on AA...

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
I think this topic can never be exhausted because mine keeps changing too. I guess the questions could be broken down into:

"If you had unlimited financial resources and didn't have to hold down a job, what would your Dream Bird be?"

and

"What is the Dream Bird you hope to acquire in the future (have enough time for, and can afford)?"

I could say my dream bird is a Hyacinth Macaw, but that's not realistic because I'll never have the small fortune it would cost to buy one, nor a house big enough to accommodate it's cage. That having been said, if I had hit the lottery for millions and could afford a very expensive companion I don't really know what I would get.

If I had to choose a Dream bird that I may actually be able to afford, house, and love being a working Joe, I would say it's the Hahn's Macaw--but knowing me it is altogether possible that if you asked this question in 6 months again or year it could very well be something different. This time last year I thought it was a Rose Breasted Cockatoo, but I'm over them now, LOL.

Nìmwey

Strolling the yard
One dream bird I already have, the Scarlet Macaw.
But as for other species...

* Black Palm Cockatoo
* Moluccan Cockatoo
* Slender-billed Cockatoo
* Blue-eyed Cockatoo (Yes, I like cockatoos ;) )
* Red-billed Toucan
And much more unlikely birds (not-gonna-happen-birds)...
* Wreathed Hornbill
* Lear's Macaw
* Cuban Macaw (Extinct :()

And I like most macaws, but I have few more "dream birds" there. (Except perhaps the Buffon's...)

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
The more I learn about different species, the more I love different species!
I have 2 of my dream birds: Parrotlet and RB2

The list of IF I had the money and space is forever growing:
WBC (DEFINATELY), Hawkhead, Hahns Mac, Cape Parrot, G2, Hy Mac, LCA, Cuban Amazon, BangBang Cockatoo, Quaker, Ekkie (male and female), BH pi, Blue Throated Macaw, Meyers, I've warmed to IRNs...

clearly having these all simulateneously would drive me INSANE and I'd have no fingers or ears left. I also wouldn't be able to give the love they need. But I hope to own some of my favourites at some point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.