• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is this thing that keeps appearing every time I post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is really odd. Hopefully it is just an add-on thats easily removed. Do you have a different computer to try posting from?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I've tried a few things, and I want to see if they work. If not, I'll try Liam's suggestion.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
So far so good. I've also contacted that site, and they've asked for the URL where they're showing up. They want to make sure no one is violating their terms of service.

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I see 3,968. It seems like some kind of counter. :confused:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
2 posts, and no following me about widget thingy! Keeping fingers crossed. :)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
It shows the number of readers you've had.
It shows where your visitors are from.
It shows how many people you've had on at one time.

Its a file. Just check your downloads. If you didn't put it on there, Then another program put it on there. Or it came with your computer. You can just simply delete. Just open up the button at the left if you use windows and type in whos.amung.us, Then just right click it and scroll down to the "Delete" Button. Message me if this helped.
Where do you see all of that? I can't get any info off of it.
And it did show up in my downloads. Could it have been in an email?

Drat, it showed up in my download list, but when I opened my download folder....it's not there. :huh:

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Right click it, properties.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
It's left! Hooray :dancing:

Hum...I really didn't do much.....I think we all scared it away.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Gimli was on the 'puter while you were out today. :D Or your naughty GW. What is his/her name? Chao's right? Sounds naughty to me.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
lmao...they'd 'take' from my computer, not add something to it! Chaos would surely love access to my little machine. :D

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I've had so many screwy things happening lately. My FB was hacked, two of my other forums are also acting odd, one got hacked and went down for days, and now another is getting a 'malicious url' warning from my virus program, and now this widget thing.

I just want to play on the internet safely.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Run a full virus scan, & clear your browser & internet history, cookies and such. see whatcha got then. I was trying to upload to youtube and it was taking FOREVER, I quit! Also this site won't show me what threads I posted to right now. You and I should not buy lotto tickets this month. ;)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Run a full virus scan, & clear your browser & internet history, cookies and such. see whatcha got then. I was trying to upload to youtube and it was taking FOREVER, I quit! Also this site won't show me what threads I posted to right now. You and I should not buy lotto tickets this month. ;)
any threads you posted to have the green circle/white arrow on the little hawk head icon in front of the thread title :) I turned off the subscription icons because it basically just duplicated that ;)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I saw that an figured it was something like that. :D So should I buy lotto?

any threads you posted to have the green circle/white arrow on the little hawk head icon in front of the thread title :) I turned off the subscription icons because it basically just duplicated that ;)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
depends on how lucky you feel!! I know I won't be with my recent track record :faint:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Update:

Yes it was not a nice thing. Here is the letter the widget site sent me. I did exactly what they're stating happens. I'd had a message on a youtube video to upgrade my flash. So I did. :o:

Fool me once, shame on me. Let them try twice!

Hi Rebecca,
OK that specific account certainly seems to be violating our ToS, it was on a watch list before that should have prevented it from showing, but it is being used in a manner that avoids that so it has been moved to a more aggressive block list and is no longer showing up in your posts.

In the last week or two we've had a few similar complaints like this and from what we can tell there are a few nefarious browser plugins (some masquerade as an Adobe Flash update) that users are being tricked into installing (often through a Facebook "watch this incredible video" type link bait scam). It appears as though these people have added our code to their nefarious plugin - which is a real pain for us but we block them as we come across them as we don't want to be associated with anything like this for obvious reasons!

Since there is nothing stopping these users from grabbing another account from us it is a bit of a cat and mouse game to continually block them, just let me know if you come across anything like this again and we'll do what we can!

If you've installed any browser plugins lately please disable them or check them one by one, anything that says Adobe Flash Update in your plugin list is probably not legitimate as Flash resides on your system as a separate entitty not as a browser plugin/extension. You may also want to run a virus scan on your computer as well as check for mal/spyware.

Hope this helps Rebecca, have a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.