• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is the best Dust buster?

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Tweety has been kicking in her food & I usually just get the big vacuum out & clean it up but it's becoming a pain...

What's the best Dust buster to buy?
Thanks for all the help!
:)

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I love my black+decker. Many of the handvacs I've used in the past have lost power within a year or so because the batteries stop holding a charge. The lithium ion battery in my latest purchase has lasted several years now with no issues. It actually lasted for a few weeks without being charged because I couldn't remember where I packed the charger when I moved...

Highly recommend it, and the price isn't terrible either.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I bought a very cheap Dirt Devil from Amazon for like 20 shipped and I THOUGHT it had burned up the motor when I dug it back out and tried it again when we bought this house 6 years ago. It actually works fine and will pick up most of the larger chunks Dobby throws all over the vynil threshold we put his house on. It of course is bagless and I just dump out the bin when it gets full. I'm pretty sure they still sell it or a newer version and if you don't need cordless or lots of expensive extras it's a great basic option that works well enough for the money spent. Amazon.com - Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum, SD20000RED - Household Stick Vacuums

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
My vacuum cleaner is easily accessible and on every day, but still I like to spare myself for too much work so I limited the mess with deep cage bottoms. In the one with a standard bottom I fixed plastic sheets on the sides around food and water dispensers. Can take a picture when I get home tonight if you are interested!

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Right now I'm using this Dirt Devil hand vac and so far so good :) I had another Dirt Devil before that stopped working after a year or two so I don't know how long this one will last, but I think I might have neglected the filter of the first one... :oops: The one I'm using right now is kind of a hassle for big messes but it still does the trick quite well (It's a hand vacuum so I can forgive that). Plus, I love the crevice tool and use it to vacuum the bottom of Charlie's cage! :)

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Thank you everyone for all the help! This will make it a lot easier to clean up all of her messes! :)

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
I've used many cordless vacs over the years and they all eventually begin to have battery issues or suction issues (except for my cordless dyson). Since my dyson lives downstairs, I got a cheap Bissell 3 in 1 BISSELL 3-in-1 Lightweight Corded Stick Vacuum - Walmart.com

It's a plug in for more "suck power". I take the end off and use it to clean up debris around the cage and put the floor attachment back on to suck up around the table the cage is on. I only have one bird, so I don't need like shop vac suckage ;-)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have a Dyson that I really like.