• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What is going on with my Cockatiel poop?

Lyrus

Checking out the neighborhood
Yesterday he was quiet and sleeping. Today he is active but poop yellow yesterday was green. Pee sometime cloudy, clear or yellowish. I am worried... I just took him to the vet last sat. Gave him mite medicine behind his neck, calcium syrup, multi vitamin powder for food and dextrose monohydrate for water. Before this medication he was fine only mites issue. So I am not sure what is going on... is he having liver issue? As I notice he pee alot and drink alot, eat wise he kinda cut down a little but still eating. I am taking to the vet tonight. Rather not wait. First time being a mama to this Birdie... everything makes me paranoid.

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The poop looks polyuric, but it's Hard to tell what could be causing it with the cocktail of supplements he's getting. Did the vet tell you why he's prescribing each of the supplements? When you go this time you should ask him to explain the reason for each of them.

What is his normal diet?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. Are you in the United States? It's pretty rare for an inside bird here to have mites. Is your vet sure he had them. Are all of his droppings watery or just some? What is his diet like?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome