• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is a ring And no ring lovevrd and cross breed/hybrid lovebirs

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Hello
Im interest to buy love bird.but i here there is a two species love bird ring love bird and no ring love bird.what is a ring and no ring love bird and how i know.?And what is a hybrid/crossbreed love bird? and how i identified hybrid/crosbreed love bird..pls tell me detais.thanks

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
@Zara is our resident lovebird expert ;) But I’ll do my best to help out! there are actually nine known species of lovebird of which three are commonly kept as pets; Fischer’s and masked lovebirds are sometimes collectively called eye ring lovebirds, the third is the peach faced lovebird. Zara will help flesh this out with much better info.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
what is a ring and no ring love bird and how i know.?
Easy. Eye-ring species will have a white ring around their eye.

A peach faced lovebird (Roseicollis) will not have an eye ring like @Beasley ´s picture and mine below my comment. Peach face have a round face either orange, red or white. They are generally larger than other species of lovebird.
peach.jpg

Fischers lovebird (Fischeri) dominant mutations have red beaks, the blue and parblue ones have a pale beak. @Sunny&Mars has a fischers lovebird. They look like:
fis.jpg fis2.jpg

Black masked lovebirds / yellow collared lovebirds / personata (Personatus) have a black mask. @Leih has one. They look like:
per.jpg

There´s also the black cheeked lovebird (Nigrigenis) Not as popular as the others. You can see the clear difference in their chest. They look like this:
bche.jpg

and how i identified hybrid/crosbreed love bird
You will spot a hybrid if you see for example, a red beak with an eye ring, or peach face with eye ring. Two traits from different species is because it is a hybrid. It also means the bird will be sterile.
Here´s a hybrid from the forum recently: http://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?attachments/20190518_160333-jpg.304608/ See how the bird has a peach face and an eye ring? They are two different traits from two species.

Be careful where you keep these birds. If your other birds land on their cage, you could end up with toes missing. Lovebirds are very territorial.

@Zara is our resident lovebird expert
I´m not an expert... I just really really love lovebirds :)

Last edited:

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Easy. Eye-ring species will have a white ring around their eye.

A peach faced lovebird (Roseicollis) will not have an eye ring like @Beasley ´s picture and mine below my comment. Peach face have a round face either orange, red or white. They are generally larger than other species of lovebird.
View attachment 305291

Fischers lovebird (Fischeri) dominant mutations have red beaks, the blue and parblue ones have a pale beak. @Sunny&Mars has a fischers lovebird. They look like:
View attachment 305288 View attachment 305289

Black masked lovebirds / yellow collared lovebirds / personata (Personatus) have a black mask. @Leih has one. They look like:
View attachment 305290

There´s also the black cheeked lovebird (Nigrigenis) Not as popular as the others. You can see the clear difference in their chest. They look like this:
View attachment 305292

You will spot a hybrid if you see for example, a red beak with an eye ring, or peach face with eye ring. Two traits from different species is because it is a hybrid. It also means the bird will be sterile.
Here´s a hybrid from the forum recently: http://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?attachments/20190518_160333-jpg.304608/ See how the bird has a peach face and an eye ring? They are two different traits from two species.

Be careful where you keep these birds. If your other birds land on their cage, you could end up with toes missing. Lovebirds are very territorial.

I´m not an expert... I just really really love lovebirds :)
I am going to buy these pair of lovebirds. The seller says this is not hybrid only yellow fischer lovebird. Can you please tell me is this pair is ok?? lovebird.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
They are Lutino, and yes they are Fischeri.

To know if they are ¨ok¨ you will need to take them to the vet for testing or have the breeder test them.

Are they a bonded pair? Only house two bonded birds together. Unbonded birds will fight.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
The seller says they are bonded pair. in case if they are not and if they fight then what should i do??

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Go and spend some time with the birds before you buy them. Sit back and just watch. You will know just by watching them if they are bonded.

If two lovebirds fight, they need to be split into their own cages. You can stiill leave the cages side by side with about 8cm between cages.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You said there is no avian vet or medication in your country and that you cannot quarantine due to space issues. Have you made any plans to overcome these issues?

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
You said there is no avian vet or medication in your country and that you cannot quarantine due to space issues. Have you made any plans to overcome these issues?
Yeah you are right. But recently I got a quarantine space

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

I´ve just realised I made a typo in this comment, it should say: ¨You will spot a hybrid if you see for example, a red beak without an eye ring¨

Also, to elaborate on the hybrids being sterile, if the bird is hybrid Fischeri/Personatus the offspring will be fertile because the species are closely related. But if you mix a Roseicollis (peach faced) with any eye-ring species, the offspring will be infertile as the species are quite distant.