• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What I Love the Most

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
What are some of your favorite habits of Linnies?

I've only had our girl for a few days, but I'm loving how they hold their food, just like a "big bird" ;)
Linnie(1) - Edited (1).jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

kialmac

Moving in
Real Name
Kyle
I honestly love all the cute noises they make. They're quite quiet, but if I listen hard enough I hear them. Most of the time my budgies drown them out haha

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, where to start!?! Love everything that has been written so far. Maybe the way Gigi buzzes at her toys and pretends she is really mad? She's quite the drama queen.

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
I honestly love all the cute noises they make. They're quite quiet, but if I listen hard enough I hear them. Most of the time my budgies drown them out haha
Cute! They really are quiet!

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
Oh my gosh, where to start!?! Love everything that has been written so far. Maybe the way Gigi buzzes at her toys and pretends she is really mad? She's quite the drama queen.
Omgosh...what a character you've got there!! I love it!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omgosh...what a character you've got there!! I love it!
Lol I do! I imagine her as some hot tempered little gal with her hands on her hips! Yesterday I was wiping part of her cage while she was on top. I use these bright colored little towels all the time around her, but that day she decided it was threatening. She makes this really quick buzz/squeal out of the blue. I looked at her and showed her the towel and she did it again. Then she wandered over to check out a toy. She is such a little parrot.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Forgot my favorite! Gigi just did it and reminded me! The tail flare! I put a pumpkin seed in her pellets and she just noticed and did her tail flare to show her excitement or displeasure, lol, not sure which.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We didn't mention the burrowing thing. Everyone said how they love to burrow and be careful sitting on a sofa, etc. when they are out. They might be tucked in somewhere. Well I thought I'd test to see if Gigi likes burrowing. This is what happened. She stayed there for more than 30 minutes, then stood up, chirped and pooped.

Attachments

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes! It's a baby blanket from my kids. :) I have offered the blanket on my lap to Gigi each day when she is out and she continues to burrow. She will tuck her head in, sometimes actually lay on her side, have her tail sticking straight up, whatever, then she will pop her head out and see whats going on. I am able to pet her and work on her pin feathers while she is there too. In the past I had only been able to pet her while she was hanging inside the cage, but now more and more she seems to like the contact. She is molting so maybe that's part of it. But I'm not forcing it, she is happy about it.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Look at that adorable sweetie!

flyingsowm

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I love Gigi in the blanket! I am going to try that .

I love the peeps and word practicing Pepito makes when he is falling asleep. They are so quiet - I could not figure out which bird it was or if it was coming from the dart frogs.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh yes! Love the little nite nite chirps. Real Linnie sounds along with her trick whistles.