• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What have I got myself into??

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Mine likes to be with us, but she really enjoys ambient attention. She doesn't need to be on us, she doesn't need to be constantly touched.
Cassie, the LSC, was like that...she didn't want or need the "hands-on" attention that Milton demands...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The Major Mitchell's are very similar.
I've always found the MM2s to be very interesting....I definitely have a soft spot for the species that are a bit more independent and "saucy"...if you know what I mean...;)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
@Shezbug

Did I miss a post? When are you going to meet Barry?
Sorry if I missed it

I am not sure yet when I will go and meet with Barry:(. I spoke to his person on Wednesday night and we have decided that as I will be moving some time very soon it will be best if I pick Barry up after I have moved so he does not have the stress of having two moves in a very short space of time. She has given me her available times and her address and told me to visit when I am over that way so I will try to make some time soon to visit.... hoping next weekend may work out but not yet sure. It is nearly three hours one way for me to visit Barry. At the moment I am spending all my spare time working on moving furniture from our other house (nearly four hours away from where I actually live) before the settlement date arrives and also trying to find somewhere else to buy so we can move, as well as trying to pack up the house we live in so we have some room for storing the furniture from the house we just sold.
It is killing me doing all this waiting, I just want to go and get him.

I will be sure to update everyone when I have met him :) I also hope to be able to share some pics of him when I do meet him.

4mybirds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jessica
I am not sure yet when I will go and meet with Barry:(. I spoke to his person on Wednesday night and we have decided that as I will be moving some time very soon it will be best if I pick Barry up after I have moved so he does not have the stress of having two moves in a very short space of time. She has given me her available times and her address and told me to visit when I am over that way so I will try to make some time soon to visit.... hoping next weekend may work out but not yet sure. It is nearly three hours one way for me to visit Barry. At the moment I am spending all my spare time working on moving furniture from our other house (nearly four hours away from where I actually live) before the settlement date arrives and also trying to find somewhere else to buy so we can move, as well as trying to pack up the house we live in so we have some room for storing the furniture from the house we just sold.
It is killing me doing all this waiting, I just want to go and get him.

I will be sure to update everyone when I have met him :) I also hope to be able to share some pics of him when I do meet him.
You are a busy one lol

I understand not wanting to uproot Barry 2 time in a short time, it's in his best interest. I hope you get some free time to meet the little (big) guy soon:heart:

Guess I'm just excited :hehe: I look forward to future updates :hug8:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Just thought I would update this thread a little.
Barry’s mum has not been well and I have also been a bit side tracked house hunting so I still have not been able to meet him yet but I have been very busy travelling around the countryside of Victoria looking at new houses. We found a house that is suitable and we have put in an offer so we have our fingers crossed our offer is accepted. The house has some really good areas for Burt to fly around inside and it also has an aviary outside for Barry. There is also a huge greenhouse which will eventually be converted to another aviary or outdoor flight room for Burt and Barry to get some exercise in.
I have my fingers crossed that our offer is accepted so I can finally bring Barry home. I was sent a lovely pic of him this morning so thought I would share :)

Attachments

Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I was sent a lovely pic of him this morning so thought I would share :)
That house sounds lovely! I hope you get it, too. :angel1::goodluck::fingerscrossed:

And Barry is such a charming fellow with that rose, isn't he? :xflove:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
That house sounds lovely! I hope you get it, too. :angel1::goodluck::fingerscrossed:

And Barry is such a charming fellow with that rose, isn't he? :xflove:

Just got the call back from the real estate agent.......it's ours subject to building inspection etc! :yah:
It will be some time before I have everything I would like for the birds sorted out as we will have to now organize to sell the house we live in so we can finance a granny flat for my mother, it is only a three bedroom house because the 4th bedroom is actually the size of a study/office which is way too small for any of us to use as a bedroom long term. I will likely move into the garage till we sell the house we are living in as I think I would go crazy in the tiny room and I think the rest of us would go crazy if any of the other members of my house were made to go into the tiny room :lol:So Burt and I will move into the garage until we have mum's place built then I will take over the master suite and Burt will have whatever area his big cage fits in best.

This house even has a fish pond with fish!

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Just got the call back from the real estate agent.......it's ours subject to building inspection etc! :yah:
It will be some time before I have everything I would like for the birds sorted out as we will have to now organize to sell the house we live in so we can finance a granny flat for my mother, it is only a three bedroom house because the 4th bedroom is actually the size of a study/office which is way too small for any of us to use as a bedroom long term. I will likely move into the garage till we sell the house we are living in as I think I would go crazy in the tiny room and I think the rest of us would go crazy if any of the other members of my house were made to go into the tiny room :lol:So Burt and I will move into the garage until we have mum's place built then I will take over the master suite and Burt will have whatever area his big cage fits in best.

This house even has a fish pond with fish!
:disco::fairy2::chipmunks:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
We will be looking forward to pictures, when things settle . Selling a home and moving are so stressful. Once you get past this part , it's going to be exciting! Hopefully the home inspection comes back good. You're prospective new home sounds like a great investment and wonderful features to enhance your lifestyle for your family and birds !

Last edited:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
We will be looking forward to pictures, when things settle . Selling a home and moving are so stressful. Once you get past this part , it's going to be exciting! Hopefully the home inspection comes back good. You're prospective new home sounds like a great investment and wonderful features to enhance your lifestyle for your family and birds !
It has been stressful but that’s more because we have been going through court cases at the same time and trying to recover money that we were scammed out of by the builder employed to fix up the house before we sold it.....he actually caused more damage than we employed him to fix lol.
One house sold, one to have contract written up for purchase and the one we live in to be tidied up and sold. It’s been a nightmare to be honest. Hahaha

I surely will share pictures once all is said and done and the house is ours.
I just hope everything goes smooth and there are no problems......most of all I hope Burt loves it there! It is a much nicer (and bigger) house than we have been used to so it should be an absolute delight for us to be there.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
That house sounds awesome!
And after all you gone through you so deserves to have this house.
I hope it all turns out the way you want, I will have my fingers crossed for you all! :bridgette::bridgette::bridgette::bridgette:
Love that pic of Barry!

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
It has been stressful but that’s more because we have been going through court cases at the same time and trying to recover money that we were scammed out of by the builder employed to fix up the house before we sold it.....he actually caused more damage than we employed him to fix lol.
Oh yes ,contractor's i know that nightmare all too well. Our latest episode was having new windows installed. I don't even want to get started on that fiasco. The mindset with these contractors, is there "all accommodating" until you sign the contract, Bait and switch.
My stomach gets in a knot just thinking about having home improvement done, because of all the aggravation they cause.
It's a shame having to resort to confrontation & legal venues. Most of them think people will not retaliate . At least with licensed contractors we have some kind of safety net. :shakehead:

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Congratulations on the house!:starshower1:I can’t wait for pictures, and I hope everything goes smoothly from here!