• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What has he done to his leg?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Hi guys,
I noticed that Fëanor has a little bare spot on his right leg.
He has regained a couple of his primaries and has been flying whenever he sees an opportunity. But he regained another flight feather, which makes flying a lot easier for him. He is still getting used to that, he is used to using a lot of power to fly which results in him taking of like a canon:lol: I mention this because he has had a couple rough landings. Maybe that is why he lost a few feathers on his leg? I can already see one new feather come through.
He had a little run in with Henkie as well. Henkie drove him away from a high spot, nothing serious but Fea fell to the floor.
The spot is only visible if he stretches his leg a little bit, but iT is visible that he has less feathers there.
Here are Some pictures(in the pictures where he is wet all his feathers look a bit messed up, he had just tried to fly but he was wet so he crashes on the floor):
59A1420F-4592-490D-AB36-83494EFC2A00.jpeg D16706DB-1FB3-4245-B4F5-F4DD13309752.jpeg 8FF797C6-A5DA-4146-9BF1-C4286238F96F.jpeg

Do you think he plucked iT or that iT is just from a rough landing or something?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I don't think it looks like plucking because it is just on one spot. Worth keeping an eye on it though. Is he favoring it?

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you! That is a big relief! IT doesn’t look like he pays it any special attention, I have actually noticed him preening himself less lately. I Will keep a very close eye on iT, the skin doesn’t look weird either so I hope it happend because of an accident

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor Fea!! :( Plucking can occur (or start) in one spot. I hope that’s not what it is!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I haven’t noticed any behaviaral changes, he has started to chew more but that is a good thing I would think. I really hope it is not plucking, I think I Will make a vet appointment just in case:)